The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The what at the where?!?! Never heard of either of them, you could try asking on the Oxford sub-forum as well, and make it clear that it's a part of Oxford (just looked it up now)
Strangey
x

I would assume the application is for:

http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/teaching/msc/ :smile:

vickxiao
x

You can ask to have this post moved to either the post grad forum or the Oxford forum by clicking on the ! symbol as you'll probably get a better response from people there than in this forum as its about a specific course.
Reply 3
oxymoronic
I would assume the application is for:

http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/teaching/msc/ :smile:

You can ask to have this post moved to either the post grad forum or the Oxford forum by clicking on the ! symbol as you'll probably get a better response from people there than in this forum as its about a specific course.

Reply 4
Anyone applied for 2016/17 entry? Have you heard back?
Reply 5
Original post by Pe94
Anyone applied for 2016/17 entry? Have you heard back?

Hi, I applied for the January deadline and received an email from the central grad admissions office telling me my application had been received and I would hear back in approximately 8-10 weeks.
Reply 6
Original post by gcarr
Hi, I applied for the January deadline and received an email from the central grad admissions office telling me my application had been received and I would hear back in approximately 8-10 weeks.

Yeah, but interviews start next Monday so they could let us know by now...
Reply 7
Original post by Pe94
Yeah, but interviews start next Monday so they could let us know by now...

Ah, I didn't know that! How did you find that out? Are you applying straight from undergrad?
Reply 8
Original post by gcarr
Ah, I didn't know that! How did you find that out? Are you applying straight from undergrad?

I asked around two weeks ago when are the preliminary interviews scheduled.
And applying straight from undergrad.
Reply 9
Also applied by the January deadline. Haven't heard a peep about the interviews. Pretty worrisome :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by juanle455
Also applied by the January deadline. Haven't heard a peep about the interviews. Pretty worrisome :frown:

Damn, still nothing, and I emailed them on Monday because I may have another interview next week... I am not a biggest fan of it. Departments at different universities that I applied to always reply so quickly...
Original post by Pe94
Damn, still nothing, and I emailed them on Monday because I may have another interview next week... I am not a biggest fan of it. Departments at different universities that I applied to always reply so quickly...

Did they respond to your email?
Reply 12
Original post by juanle455
Did they respond to your email?

Yeah, on Monday, saying that the application are reviewed and candidates will hear the outcome in 1-2 weeks. It clearly shows that they are late and there are no interviews happening this week. Not cool.

Have you heard anything? Let's keep in touch here!: )
I see. Good to know.

No I haven't heard anything.

Thanks for the info!
Glad to know i'm not the only one freaking out. I've got some acceptances with deadlines that are closely looming. Hopefully they contact us this week!
Reply 15
Has anyone here been invited to the interviews and wouldn't mind sharing their profile? :smile:
Can anyone who applied to study the MSc at the OII (Fall 2016) during the first 2 rounds please tell me approximately how much time after these deadlines the interviews were actually held? When I wrote to the OII admissions, they said that candidates will be notified of their outcomes in 2-3 weeks (which is 5-6 weeks after the deadline). Did this happen during the earlier rounds too? Also they said nothing about the timelines for the interviews. So any word on how this worked in the earlier rounds will be very comforting!
Thank you so much in advance! Needless to say, freaking out big time!
Reply 17
Hi, did you hear from them finally? How was the interview and what did they ask?
This thread is very old, I suggest you make a new thread if you have any questions about this course/university. Thread closed.

Latest

Trending

Trending