The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

USW Applicants 2016 Official Thread

Hey Everyone, I am the senior student academic rep for University Of South Wales.

Whether it's about student life, entry requirements, Open Days, UCAS or whatever, I will reply to all of your questions.

This is the perfect opportunity to gain advice on how to submit the perfect university application not just to us, but to anywhere.

I hope you and your friends find this useful and I look forward to reading your questions soon!

USW Academic Representative

Scroll to see replies

Please Post In Here What Course you've applied for at USW.
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Hi
I am an international student and I am planning to apply for the Integrated Undergraduate Masters in Chiropractic (MChiro) at USW. The campus is at Glyntaff, Pontypridd. How is it staying there? Is it a very small town? How much would the train trip cost to go to Cardiff? What kind of shops are there? Could you give me some ideas of how the town will be like and its people?
Thank you :smile:
Hi
I am hopefully going to be studying police sciences at USW, i was wondering when accommodation applications start? and how i apply for accommodation. I was also wondering what the treforest/pontypridd area is like for students. Thanks :smile:
Reply 4
Hi dears, I've received a conditional offer (I still need an IELTS Cert) for Aviation Engineering and Management course instead of Aviation Maintenance System one (postgraduate!).
I'd like to ask why but in particular which are the differences and what is the core about this new course that wasn't available last year?
thanks and take care
(edited 8 years ago)
Applying for the Master of Chiropractic course which is based in Trefforest and wondering what the town is like, how easy it is to go to Cardiff for nights out and if the town is as quiet as it really looks for a student town!
Original post by lemoncoco
Hi
I am an international student and I am planning to apply for the Integrated Undergraduate Masters in Chiropractic (MChiro) at USW. The campus is at Glyntaff, Pontypridd. How is it staying there? Is it a very small town? How much would the train trip cost to go to Cardiff? What kind of shops are there? Could you give me some ideas of how the town will be like and its people?
Thank you :smile:

Sorry for the delayed reply. The accommodation itself is very ideal and good. A train trip to Cardiff would cost around £6. Cardiff itself has all the main shops. Pontypridd itself is very small town.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Levi Davies
Hi
I am hopefully going to be studying police sciences at USW, i was wondering when accommodation applications start? and how i apply for accommodation. I was also wondering what the treforest/pontypridd area is like for students. Thanks :smile:

Accommodation applications begin in a few months (normally start of summer) once majority of offers have been sent out and confirmed. An email will
Be sent to you and via post about applications for accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HMLuke14
Hi dears, I've received a conditional offer (I still need an IELTS Cert) for Aviation Engineering and Management course instead of Aviation Maintenance System one (postgraduate!).
I'd like to ask why but in particular which are the differences and what is the core about this new course that wasn't available last year?
thanks and take care

I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between the two courses. You'll have to look at the course description on the university website and compare them both. All info on the courses will
Be found on the website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blackers54321
Applying for the Master of Chiropractic course which is based in Trefforest and wondering what the town is like, how easy it is to go to Cardiff for nights out and if the town is as quiet as it really looks for a student town!

It's very easy to get to Cardiff for nights out via taxi or minibuses and not at all expensive when travelling in large groups around £5 per person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which campus have people applied to and for what courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I've received an unconditional offer from USW for mechanical engineering, which I have happily accepted. A few days back I received another invitation to an applicant day (March I think without double checking) and I was wondering if there would be anything new to see on that day, as I have now been to an open day and applicant day and think I have a good understanding of the Treforest and the area, and unsure about whether or not to go.
Thanks.
Original post by TotalMadness13
Hi, I've received an unconditional offer from USW for mechanical engineering, which I have happily accepted. A few days back I received another invitation to an applicant day (March I think without double checking) and I was wondering if there would be anything new to see on that day, as I have now been to an open day and applicant day and think I have a good understanding of the Treforest and the area, and unsure about whether or not to go.
Thanks.

You should definitely drive down their with your family and check it out. Just so you get a first hand feel for yourself prior to everything. If that makes sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaisyCardiffRep
You should definitely drive down their with your family and check it out. Just so you get a first hand feel for yourself prior to everything. If that makes sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it does, Ill see if I can work something out, thanks for the advice!
No worries, where are all the other USW applicants at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
I've submitted my application a few days ago. How long does the university normally take to process the applications?
Original post by Thaveesha
Hi,
I've submitted my application a few days ago. How long does the university normally take to process the applications?

Normally varies but should be
Soon normally done by March

Posted from TSR Mobile
A very useful group for all University Of South Wales Applicants and Offers Holders 2016:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UNSWStudents/

A very useful link to all Accommodation groups once allocations have been made to help you find your flatmates:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1072215452810663/
Who's got their offers so far and what course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone doing Journalism at the Atrium?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending