The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

aerospace interview with mechanical engineering problem

Hey everyone so i finally got an email from bath offering me an interview and i am over the moon. Part of this interview will be solving a problem envolving maths and mechanics. Does anyone know what the interview was like and what types of questions they are likely to ask? Thanks
Reply 1
Congrats! The technical questions will be similar to those found in C1 and M1 modules of A level maths. Normally a page of math sums, and maybe 2 mechanics questions. Would recommend familiarising yourself with free-body diagrams.

I'm guessing you're a mature student since you were invited to interview?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by samsama
Congrats! The technical questions will be similar to those found in C1 and M1 modules of A level maths. Normally a page of math sums, and maybe 2 mechanics questions. Would recommend familiarising yourself with free-body diagrams.

I'm guessing you're a mature student since you were invited to interview?

Yes i am. Thank you for this. Did you go through this process yourself. If so how did you find it.
Reply 3
Yes, went through the same process as you last year. Currently in first year, so feel free to ask if you have any specific questions in regards to the university, or the course.

The interview wasn't too difficult. They just want to know more about you and your motivation for studying engineering, and are not trying to catch you out!
Reply 4
Ahh thats great im actually really looking forward to coming down for the day. As for info it would be good to hear about their aero labs aswell as what sports they offer as im really into kayaking and climbing and would love to go sailing
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
oh and how did you find the step up from access to university was it difficult?
Reply 6
Original post by Maximusr
Ahh thats great im actually really looking forward to coming down for the day. As for info it would be good to hear about their aero labs aswell as what sports they offer as im really into kayaking and climbing and would love to go sailing

Bath is really good for sports, with lots of facilities on campus. Some of the Olympic teams train here too. There's a list of clubs here: http://www.bathstudent.com/sport/clubs/

oh and how did you find the step up from access to university was it difficult?

I didn't do an access course, so I'm not sure how much of a step up it is.
However, a lot of the things taught will be new to everyone, except for the maths.
I would really stress that you need a strong math foundation as this will make your life a lot easier.
Hi!

I'm Rob, a second year civil engineer.I have done a few bits with the Canoe club, so can tell you a little about it. The club are pretty active and have regular pool and training sessions on the river in town. Anyone is welcome, from beginners to the more experienced, and the more experienced will run the sessions. As with most uni canoe clubs, the focus is on white water and polo, rather than sea kayaking. There are events and competitions for both and regular trips away. If you are interested then take a look at their website. There is a calendar so you can see the types of activities (January was exam season and December was obviously the Christmas holidays, so that explains why there was little going on).

I hope that helps,

Rob

Quick Reply

Latest