The Student Room Group

What are your biorhythms? Music that your body and mind connects with.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ethereal World
So a couple of months ago I went on Radio 6 live on air to talk about my 'BioRhythms'.

You choose three tracks to describe a different feeling that the song creates in you.

1. Physical Feeling- Can't help but move ya body ygm :dance:
2. Emotional Feeling- evokes emotions and makes you feel :sad: :cry2: :love:
3. Intellectual Feeling- Makes you think and stimulates your mind

So mine were:

Physical - Sprawl II by Arcade Fire- It always makes me dance and jig around no matter where I am. I love some of the words in it like 'quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock'. It makes me feel carefree and happy. Even though the song is upbeat the words are profound and I like that combination.

Emotional- Breathe me by Sia- This gets me every time. Whenever I am feeling heartbreak or loss or just generally fragile this song speaks to me on every level. I first listened to it when I was around 14 and I'm now 25 and I keep coming back to it. It's like having a friend that you can always rely on to get you. It also captures this feeling of vulnerability in me whereby despite growing up and transitioning to adulthood, I still just need to be taken care of.

Intellectual- Pale Blue Eyes by Velvet Underground- This song is just heaven. It's so slow and undemanding to listen to, and in that vain it allows me space in my head to just think and reflect and it also makes me feel calm. There is not much music that I can listen to whilst working or revising but this is one of them.

I'd be so interested, on Soppy Sunday- to find out what your guys 3 Biorhythm tracks would be!

And if you have the confidence you should e-mail them to Radio 6 because talking about it on there was a really good experience.

There's a Radio 6??

I have 2 and 3 but not 1, plus I can't narrow the one's I've got down to one track

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
There's a Radio 6??

I have 2 and 3 but not 1, plus I can't narrow the one's I've got down to one track

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's only a digital station so you can only listen online or DAB I think. It's for edgy people looool.

Just say what ones you have. I'm interested :biggrin:
Haha thanks :colondollar:

Which ones have you heard before? :smile:

Awwww strawbs these are lovely. Amazing choices !! :love:
Physical:
Oh What A Night by The Four Seasons

Emotional:
For the First Time by The Script (plus the girl in the music video is very beautiful)

Intellectual:
Lately by Ed Sheeran and Devlin
Original post by CantGainWeight
Physical -
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

Emotional -
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

Intellectual -
[video="youtube;Vm0VBWnUhvU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm0VBWnUhvU[/video]

(srs)
Aah Echoes. I have Meddle on vinyl, amazing piece of music.

I can't think of mine offhand. There's such a lot of music that means a lot to me that it wouldn't be fair on what I don't choose.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Physical:
Oh What A Night by The Four Seasons

Emotional:
For the First Time by The Script (plus the girl in the music video is very beautiful)

Intellectual:
Lately by Ed Sheeran and Devlin

1) Don't know it.
2) Can confirm. Plus, that accent :sogood:
3) Great choice. Everything Devlin does is fire. Doesn't really make me think though, certainly not more than Community Outcast, for example.
Reply 26
It's only a digital station so you can only listen online or DAB I think. It's for edgy people looool.

Just say what ones you have. I'm interested :biggrin:

Ohhh OK

Well, here goes
Emotional:
Guts Over Fear - Eminem feat Sia, because I find it kinda relatable cause it's about when they were too scared to put any of their music out there; which is kinda where I am
Beautiful Pain - Eminem feat Sia, because of the lyrics from the chorus being how I always seem to feel
Stronger Than I Was - Eminem, it's my go to song when I'm thinking about a bad breakup
I Need a Doctor - Eminem feat Skylar Grey and Dr Dre, listen to the lyrics and you'll get it
Best Friend - Eminem feat Yelawolf, it's a tribute to Proof
Lullaby - Professor Green feat Tory Kelly, it's about his dad's suicide
Today I Cried - Professor Green, it's just really relatable for me
And many more

Stuff that gets me thinking:
Pretty much all of Eminem's Shady XV album because of the lyrical complexity
Same for the Bad Meets Evil album

Posted from TSR Mobile
So a couple of months ago I went on Radio 6 live on air to talk about my 'BioRhythms'.

You choose three tracks to describe a different feeling that the song creates in you.

1. Physical Feeling- Can't help but move ya body ygm :dance:
2. Emotional Feeling- evokes emotions and makes you feel :sad: :cry2: :love:
3. Intellectual Feeling- Makes you think and stimulates your mind

So mine were:

Physical - Sprawl II by Arcade Fire- It always makes me dance and jig around no matter where I am. I love some of the words in it like 'quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock'. It makes me feel carefree and happy. Even though the song is upbeat the words are profound and I like that combination.

Emotional- Breathe me by Sia- This gets me every time. Whenever I am feeling heartbreak or loss or just generally fragile this song speaks to me on every level. I first listened to it when I was around 14 and I'm now 25 and I keep coming back to it. It's like having a friend that you can always rely on to get you. It also captures this feeling of vulnerability in me whereby despite growing up and transitioning to adulthood, I still just need to be taken care of.

Intellectual- Pale Blue Eyes by Velvet Underground- This song is just heaven. It's so slow and undemanding to listen to, and in that vain it allows me space in my head to just think and reflect and it also makes me feel calm. There is not much music that I can listen to whilst working or revising but this is one of them.

I'd be so interested, on Soppy Sunday- to find out what your guys 3 Biorhythm tracks would be!

And if you have the confidence you should e-mail them to Radio 6 because talking about it on there was a really good experience.

More soundtracks to my collection! Keep them cominGG.

1. To induce a physical feeling, it has to be super crazy song like this one.

Title: Pretty Little Psycho

2. Emotional feeling:

Title: Bullet - Hollywood Undead

This makes me happy for some reason. I don't know why, don't ask.

Title: Future Cop - Lost Love ft. DWNTWN (Thunderclaw Remix)

Simply beautiful.

3. Last one which is.. Intellectual? Well, I was planning to go with Hans Zimmer but it has been already mentioned so.. It has to be Limpid Breaths (can't be found on the Internet, you have to download the app "Calming Music to Simplicity".)

That's all.

Looking forward to see more.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ByronicHero
1) Don't know it.
2) Can confirm. Plus, that accent :sogood:
3) Great choice. Everything Devlin does is fire. Doesn't really make me think though, certainly not more than Community Outcast, for example.

1) You must have heard it before somewhere before, it's one of those classics that everyone's heard!

3) That particular song has quite clever lyrics though with loads of metaphors :wink:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
1) You must have heard it before somewhere before, it's one of those classics that everyone's heard!

3) That particular song has quite clever lyrics though with loads of metaphors :wink:

I have just realised what song you mean - yes of course I do. Impossible not to dance :h:
Original post by Impressive

2. Emotional feeling:

Title: Bullet - Hollywood Undead

This makes me happy for some reason. I don't know why, don't ask.

This one brings back memories
Favourite Hollywood Undead song was always The Loss. So emo.

[video="youtube;wE-WL6mMZTo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE-WL6mMZTo[/video]
Physical Feeling-
Adele - Hometown Glory (high contrast remix)

Emotional Feeling-
Sia - Lullaby
Sia - Breathe Me
Evanescence - My Immortal (from the emo days :colondollar:)
Brooke Bentham - We'll Be Ghosts

Intellectual Feeling-
Amanda Palmer - Ampersand
Original post by ByronicHero
Favourite Hollywood Undead song was always The Loss. So emo.

[video="youtube;wE-WL6mMZTo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE-WL6mMZTo[/video]

I can't open the link. So much hate for youtube app. No wonder I've missed it. (I've seen alternative version and it's great but I'm going to get this one as well when I figure out how to bypass YT)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physical feeling - Big Shi' Poppin by T.I. - It makes me want to hit the gym every time I hear it, nothing gets me pumped like it.

Emotional - Maggot Brain by Funkadelic and Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley - they just get me right in the feels :cry2:

Intellectual - Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin - Always gets me thinking really deeply about pretty much anything.
Original post by Alex621
Physical Feeling-
Adele - Hometown Glory (high contrast remix)

Emotional Feeling-
Sia - Lullaby
Sia - Breathe Me
Evanescence - My Immortal (from the emo days :colondollar:)
Brooke Bentham - We'll Be Ghosts

Intellectual Feeling-
Amanda Palmer - Ampersand

Amazing choices and I see you are a fellow Breathe me lover. I also love Evanescence from the emo days too- Hello is my favourite or lithium.
Reply 36
Physical Feeling -
Train in Vain - The Clash
Can't Stand me Now - The Libertines

Emotional Feeling -
Lithium - Nirvana + basically all of their other songs, but Lithium was the first song I ever listened to that ever really meant something to me and led me to discover the rest of the bands discography. Also inspired me to start playing guitar and writing songs.
The Great Beyond - REM and pretty much all of the REM greatest hits 1988-2003 album because I remember hearing it a lot when I was younger and it brings me back to a better time.
Pitseleh - Elliot Smith + the rest of his discography, I find a lot of his songs very relatable.
Crush - Smashing Pumpkins is the perfect song for the early hours of the morning, was unsurprisingly written then, I find, similarly to the other artists I've mentioned, I can relate to a lot of songs by this band.
People II: The Reckoning - Andrew Jackson Jihad, this guy is so wonderfully pessimistic, though at times the complete opposite of that...
Intellectual Feeling -
endtroducing - DJ Shadow, not a song, it's a whole album...
Loveless - My Bloody Valentine, again, whole album, Sometimes is my favorite song from it.
Rockstar - Nickelback, this band are just constantly pushing boundaries, it never ceases to amaze me some of sounds they manage to create.

I can't do work to music because I just get distracted (I'm distracted easily enough already) so I just put weird, arty, experimental stuff in the intellectual bit.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
Physical feeling - Big Shi' Poppin by T.I. - It makes me want to hit the gym every time I hear it, nothing gets me pumped like it.

Emotional - Maggot Brain by Funkadelic and Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley - they just get me right in the feels :cry2:

Intellectual - Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin - Always gets me thinking really deeply about pretty much anything.

Completely aligned on your intellectual track. Thanks for catalysing me to give it a listen. And hallelujah by JB also :yep:
Original post by Andy98
Ohhh OK

Well, here goes
Emotional:
Guts Over Fear - Eminem feat Sia, because I find it kinda relatable cause it's about when they were too scared to put any of their music out there; which is kinda where I am
Beautiful Pain - Eminem feat Sia, because of the lyrics from the chorus being how I always seem to feel
Stronger Than I Was - Eminem, it's my go to song when I'm thinking about a bad breakup
I Need a Doctor - Eminem feat Skylar Grey and Dr Dre, listen to the lyrics and you'll get it
Best Friend - Eminem feat Yelawolf, it's a tribute to Proof
Lullaby - Professor Green feat Tory Kelly, it's about his dad's suicide
Today I Cried - Professor Green, it's just really relatable for me
And many more

Stuff that gets me thinking:
Pretty much all of Eminem's Shady XV album because of the lyrical complexity
Same for the Bad Meets Evil album

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never thought you would be such a big Eminem fan but I agree the lyrical complexity of his songs is incredible.
Reply 39
Original post by John55
Physical Feeling -
Train in Vain - The Clash
Can't Stand me Now - The Libertines

Emotional Feeling -
Lithium - Nirvana + basically all of their other songs, but Lithium was the first song I ever listened to that ever really meant something to me and led me to discover the rest of the bands discography. Also inspired me to start playing guitar and writing songs.
The Great Beyond - REM and pretty much all of the REM greatest hits 1988-2003 album because I remember hearing it a lot when I was younger and it brings me back to a better time.
Pitseleh - Elliot Smith + the rest of his discography, I find a lot of his songs very relatable.
Crush - Smashing Pumpkins is the perfect song for the early hours of the morning, was unsurprisingly written then, I find, similarly to the other artists I've mentioned, I can relate to a lot of songs by this band.
People II: The Reckoning - Andrew Jackson Jihad, this guy is so wonderfully pessimistic, though at times the complete opposite of that...
Intellectual Feeling -
endtroducing - DJ Shadow, not a song, it's a whole album...
Loveless - My Bloody Valentine, again, whole album, Sometimes is my favorite song from it.
Rockstar - Nickelback, this band are just constantly pushing boundaries, it never ceases to amaze me some of sounds they manage to create.

I can't do work to music because I just get distracted (I'm distracted easily enough already) so I just put weird, arty, experimental stuff in the intellectual bit.

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrUCjZnPh7s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest