The Student Room Group

Casual sex with long-standing friend

Would love people's opinions on this one

Have a friend I've known for four years, we're both gay and neither have had much relationship success recently, so we've have had a bit of flirting etc going on. We're not usually each others' types but we do have some chemistry. I'm not very experienced sex wise and I've always wanted my first experience to be with someone I really trust and know well.

However in the past my friend mentioned having sex with me out of pity (I have some medical issues which make the logistics quite difficult). But since then I've made a lot of lifestyle changes and my friend does seem genuinely attracted to me now.

I feel like this has the potential to go horribly wrong and we've both stopped each other in the past. However this time he's saying all the right things!

What makes things more complex is that he categorically doesn't want a serious relationship. Am I going to end up catching feelings?

:frown:
Thats something that is inevitable I'm afraid. When you have sex with someone, your body releases hormones that connect and bond you with each other, so of course you will end with feelings overtime.
Reply 2
I would trust your reservations in this situation. Mind you, my own experience has been to live for the moment and see what happens. Typically it ends badly though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending