The Student Room Group

Help to review personal statement for postgraduate studies in International Relations

Hi there,
There might already be a topic on the subject, but I can't seem to find it. So, I am wondering if some of you could help me to improve my personal statement. I am applying for a MA entitled "Conflict, Development and Security" at King's College. Firstly, if you have any relevant information on this master, I'd be glad to hear it. Then, I am going to post my personal statement in the next message, if you have the time to review it!
There are a few things to know beforehand; I tried to stick to 1000 words max, as it was written in a method on internet. Overall, the guideline isn't the same as for undergraduate studies.

If you have enough information, feel free to comment on anything,

Cheers,

Laura
Reply 1
Original post by loloferdi
Hi there,
There might already be a topic on the subject, but I can't seem to find it. So, I am wondering if some of you could help me to improve my personal statement. I am applying for a MA entitled "Conflict, Development and Security" at King's College. Firstly, if you have any relevant information on this master, I'd be glad to hear it. Then, I am going to post my personal statement in the next message, if you have the time to review it!
There are a few things to know beforehand; I tried to stick to 1000 words max, as it was written in a method on internet. Overall, the guideline isn't the same as for undergraduate studies.

If you have enough information, feel free to comment on anything,

Cheers,

Laura

Please DO NOT under any circumstances post your PS on a public internet forum, or send it to unknown people for "review". There are unscrupulous people out there who may copy and use it - if they submit it before you do, *you* could end up being the one accused of plagiarism, which will get your application binned.

A Masters PS should focus on:
- Why I want to do this specific course above any other similar ones
- Why I want to do it at this uni/department and not any of the others
- Why you should take me on as a student on this course - why I am a good fit for the course and the course content.

Your referees can comment on things like your academic performance etc., but you might want to highlight good marks in units/dissertation which are relevant to your proposed course.
Reply 2
P.S. Spellcheck it before submission. Sounds obvious but it's easy to get over-enthusiastic when you finally think you have it about right, and forget the basics.
Reply 3
Original post by Klix88
P.S. Spellcheck it before submission. Sounds obvious but it's easy to get over-enthusiastic when you finally think you have it about right, and forget the basics.

Thanks Klix88, I was not going to post it actually, I realised my mistake after posting this message. I followed your instructions so thank you. However, I would really like to obtain the review of one of you guys for my PS, because I finished it and need to complete my application as soon as possible. The problem is that I can't complete my submission on the review page, there seems to be a bug of some sort. Could I send it to you personnally, or to someone else?

Thank you,

Laura
Reply 4
Original post by loloferdi
Thanks Klix88, I was not going to post it actually, I realised my mistake after posting this message. I followed your instructions so thank you. However, I would really like to obtain the review of one of you guys for my PS, because I finished it and need to complete my application as soon as possible. The problem is that I can't complete my submission on the review page, there seems to be a bug of some sort. Could I send it to you personnally, or to someone else?

Thank you,

Laura

It's still highly inadvisable to send your draft PS to a stranger on a student forum. You can't know for sure who the Good Guys are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending