The Student Room Group

IAL results day!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
Not bad at all. Good job.

Thanks
Original post by Student403

I'm sorry to hear :/ I'm quite disappointed too but as I always get told, we have a second chance! I wish you all the best :hugs:

Thank you :smile: :smile: I think these marks were like a wake up call to do better in June, I don't know but I believe everything happen for a reason so I just have to work harder. I wish you all the best as well!! I am getting my C34 and chemistry paper to see where I went wrong, I think you should too for physics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm very sad with my Physics results :
P4 103/120
P5 112/120
P6 50/60
sum= 265/300 when I need 270/300 for an A* (my cambridge offer)
What would you do if you were me ?
Is it true that once you resit a module the mark you previously got is cancelled ?
If yes then I'd better only resit P4 and try for a 108/120.
If not I'll have this unit remarked (I only need 2 row marks for the 108/120) ,otherwise remarking won't make any sense since it will be cancelled.
PLEASE HELP ME
Original post by PlayerBB
I totally didn't get the marks I wanted :frown:
C34 - 113/120 A ( 2 marks off an A*, I am really pissed off) and i think i am going to repeat it
M1 - 62/75 A ( I think I deserve it because I messed up a whole 11 marker question)
Chemistry unit 4 - 64/90 C (3 marks off for a B) but still I was expecting a low A or high B because I lost 7 marks for not completeing a question and I was 90% sure about the rest of the exam so going to remark

You are like the 4th person I know who said they were expecting low A and are sure about their exam for Unit 4 chem to go well and they'll be rechecking the paper. Coincidence? I think not :smile:
Original post by Vesniep
P4 103/120
P5 112/120
P6 50/60
Is it true that once you resit a module the mark you previously got is cancelled ?
If not I'll have this unit remarked (I only need 2 row marks for the 108/120) ,otherwise remarking won't make any sense since it will be cancelled.
PLEASE HELP ME

You can resit and if you get a better mark then it is the better mark that counts towards your A-Level.
Original post by Zacken
You can resit and if you get a better mark then it is the better mark that counts towards your A-Level.

What if your mark is worse ? Can you keep the one you previously had?
Original post by Vesniep

Yes
Original post by Vesniep

Yes. The best mark between the two sessions counts towards your overall grade.
Original post by Sumaiyya1999
Yes

Are you sure about this , because I asked the same question to british council and they claimed that your last mark is the final
Original post by Kamran Fazal
You are like the 4th person I know who said they were expecting low A and are sure about their exam for Unit 4 chem to go well and they'll be rechecking the paper. Coincidence? I think not :smile:

Well I just don't know what to say but that I'll be getting the paper, see where I went wrong and study harder next time so I'll be 100% not 90% sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vesniep
Are you sure about this , because I asked the same question to british council and they claimed that your last mark is the final

This is the bit you want from the IAL Specification (page 83):

"The best available result for each contributing unit will
count towards the final grade."
Original post by Vesniep

See here.

Pearson

Can students resit International Advanced Level units before certification?

Yes. Where an International Advanced Level unit is taken more than once by a student, the better result of the last two attempts will be used for the qualification award. A level units from 2013 or before will not be counted.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Vesniep

My teachers have said that of all the resits ur best marks will be used to calc the final grade
Original post by Vesniep
P4 103/120
P5 112/120
P6 50/60
PLEASE HELP ME

Remark. If your mark doesn't improve, resit. It's so close, 5 UMS is like 2-3 raw!
Original post by tiny hobbit
This is the bit you want from the IAL Specification (page 83):

"The best available result for each contributing unit will
count towards the final grade."

Original post by Zacken
See here.

Original post by Sumaiyya1999
My teachers have said that of all the resits ur best marks will be used to calc the final grade

Thank you so much all of you that proves that British Council in my country is not well informed I guess .
So I think the best choice is to resit them all (P4,P5,P6) and keep the best grades .
If I have one unit remarked can I still sit it in June? I think/hope yes.
Original post by Vesniep

If I have one unit remarked can I still sit it in June? I think/hope yes.

Yes.
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Remark. If your mark doesn't improve, resit. It's so close, 5 UMS is like 2-3 raw!

I know that's why I'm so frustrated . I think I'll do what you say a combination of remark /resit.
The deadline for registration is 6/3 (before the remark date) ,but registration won't change a thing if my raw mark increases by 2
Original post by Vesniep
I know that's why I'm so frustrated . I think I'll do what you say a combination of remark /resit.
The deadline for registration is 6/3 (before the remark date) ,but registration won't change a thing if my raw mark increases by 2

You can register for the unit and recheck as well. If it improves when you recheck, then fair - you'll just be absent in June
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
You can register for the unit and recheck as well. If it improves when you recheck, then fair - you'll just be absent in June

Bit costly though. :no:
Just checking -- does paying for access to script include access to the mark scheme as well?

Quick Reply

Latest