The Student Room Group

Spurs vs Arsenal super thread!

I thought I would make a thread about the most widely anticipated North London Derby in my lifetime. Post predictions, comments and predicted line-ups. I am predicting a 2-0 win for Spurs all but ending Arsenal's title challenge. My expected Spurs team is :
Lloris, Walker, Alserweireld, Wimmer, Rose, Dembele(if fit)/Mason, Dier, Alli(if fit), Eriksen, Lamela and Kane.
Cech and Kocielney got injured last match, so I expect the Arsenal team to be the following: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Gabriel, Monteal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Sanchez, Ozil, Cambell, Welbeck.
Arsenal are in crisis at the moment and there is a never better time to beat them and pile on the pressure. COYS!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
the game of the decade !!!
Original post by TeeEm

Do you think we will win ? I really hope Dembel is fit, we look too weak in central midfield without him.
Reply 3
Original post by stochasticking
Do you think we will win ? I really hope Dembel is fit, we look too weak in central midfield without him.

I feel, and I know many many Spurs supporters who agree with me, that whenever I watch Spurs I always think we will lose ...
Maybe it is my pessimistic attitude.
My prediction is a draw, which is good enough for us, because I think Leicester will bottle it in the next few games.
Original post by TeeEm
I feel, and I know many many Spurs supporters who agree with me, that whenever I watch Spurs I always think we will lose ...
Maybe it is my pessimistic attitude.
My prediction is a draw, which is good enough for us, because I think Leicester will bottle it in the next few games.

It's because you've been let down so many times in the past , I understand, my dad is the exact same. He actually annoys me a little because he's so negative lol. I am always optimistic, an idealist. hmm yeah a draw wouldn't be too bad on the assumption Watford do us a favour!
Reply 5
Original post by stochasticking
It's because you've been let down so many times in the past , I understand, my dad is the exact same. He actually annoys me a little because he's so negative lol. I am always optimistic, an idealist. hmm yeah a draw wouldn't be too bad on the assumption Watford do us a favour!

I am not worried about Leicester ...They will drop points
Us we have the better team
Arsenal have the experience not to buckle ...
This game for me is like watching a penalty shoot out ...
Reply 6
I don't care what happens as long as Spurs don't win the league
Reply 7
This is going to be interesting. I think Spurs will win it, unless they are even bigger bottlers than Arsenal.
Arsenal will probably win this one
Arsenal win.
(edited 8 years ago)
Spurs will win! COYS
Very tough game to call. Tbh I want Arsenal to lose just so I can continue to enjoy the Arsenal Fan TV fan cams :rofl:
Original post by al_94
I don't care what happens as long as Spurs don't win the league

Hahahaha typical Arsenal fan. The salt is real :lol:
It's okay to be optimistic before the derby, but not expectant.

The problem with us at the moment is you don't know which Spurs are going to turn up. Will it be the one that got two wins over Man City or the one that slid to defeat against Newcastle and West Ham?
Original post by rockrunride
It's okay to be optimistic before the derby, but not expectant.

The problem with us at the moment is you don't know which Spurs are going to turn up. Will it be the one that got two wins over Man City or the one that slid to defeat against Newcastle and West Ham?

Good point, we aren't a one man team, far from it but for me Dembele is so important to us. We lost those games to Newcatle and West Ham when he wasn't playing, if he and Ali are fit, I will be quietly confident we can get the win. We need to win the midfield battle and keep Sanchez and Ozil quiet.
Original post by teeem

get twatted
I Believe in my professional opinion that your all ***** hahahaha GOT EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM!!!!!
Wenger always pulls a result out of the bag when Arsenal are in 'crisis'. Hopefully that can wait one more week.
Battle of the bottlers.
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest