The Student Room Group

what did your teachers used to/say on your school reports?

My school reports 99% of the time had teachers describe me as conscientious and quiet (except my english teachers whose comments were mostly negative).
What did yours have to say about you?

Scroll to see replies

Mine used to say that I was quiet and conscientious as well :smile:

I also remember one of my teachers once writing that I was 'a pleasure to teach' :angelblush:
(edited 8 years ago)
Mine has never picked up on me being quiet. They use a template and just copy and paste the same information for pretty much all the students :tongue: mine just basically said I was hardworking

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
The most memorable comment I ever got on a school report was re. my efforts in PE: she prefers to keep her feet firmly on the ground. I was not a fan of apparatus work involving any height above 6 inches.

The rest of my reports said that I was quiet and could do with speaking out more, but they were positive about my work. I always learnt through listening so being quiet was just part of my process.
Original post by Matrix123
Mine has never picked up on me being quiet. They use a template and just copy and paste the same information for pretty much all the students :tongue: mine just basically said I was hardworking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh, same here - they actually had to wrong name down on my report once....

Original post by claireestelle
My school reports 99% of the time had teachers describe me as conscientious and quiet (except my english teachers whose comments were mostly negative).
What did yours have to say about you?

Mine was that I was too independent and that I struggle to work in teams..... :colonhash:

EVERY
BLOODY
TIME.
Original post by ravioliyears
Yeh, same here - they actually had to wrong name down on my report once....

:lol: that must have been embarrassing for the school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Every single one of mine had the word "conscientious" at least five times. All copy and paste stuff. I still don't know what conscientious means.
Original post by Leviathan1741

I also remember one of my teachers once writing that I was 'a pleasure to teach' :angelblush:

I had the same as well, probably because i barely said a thing.
Original post by Davalla
Every single one of mine had the word "conscientious" at least five times. All copy and paste stuff. I still don't know what conscientious means.

efficient and organised apparently
Reply 9
z33 is a passionate, enthusiastic student who is a pleasure to teach.

*copy, paste, change name*

:lol:
I had the same as well, probably because i barely said a thing.

I very rarely spoke in class too. I'm really shy and just wanted to stay under the radar as much as possible :tongue:
:lol: that must have been embarrassing for the school

Posted from TSR Mobile

I lost count of the teachers (the ones i didnt like:P) who spelt my name without an E
Original post by z33
z33 is a passionate, enthusiastic student who is a pleasure to teach.

*copy, paste, change name*

:lol:

Ooooo don't forget 'I'm sure she will do well in anything she hopes to pursue in the future'

:colonhash:
Original post by mscaffrey
The most memorable comment I ever got on a school report was re. my efforts in PE: she prefers to keep her feet firmly on the ground. I was not a fan of apparatus work involving any height above 6 inches.

The rest of my reports said that I was quiet and could do with speaking out more, but they were positive about my work. I always learnt through listening so being quiet was just part of my process.

Being a good listener is sometimes the best way to learn. I had a similar dislike of gymnastics to this day i m unsure why i didnt get worse than a D in it.
I lost count of the teachers (the ones i didnt like:P) who spelt my name without an E

Haha oooh, not great:no:
I bet that REALLY annoyed you

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Has potential, needs to apply himself"

"Needs to contribute more to class"

I just used to think to myself "Bitch, if your class wasn't so goddamn unengaging maybe I would make an effort" :lol:
Haha oooh, not great:no:
I bet that REALLY annoyed you

Posted from TSR Mobile

It did, its a real pet hate of mine:P
Reply 17
Original post by ravioliyears
Ooooo don't forget 'I'm sure she will do well in anything she hopes to pursue in the future'

:colonhash:

YESSSSSSSS omg
but then you talk to them in person and they give you that "you're gonna fail" smile

Reply 18
Most of my school reports were of two extremes, we got 3 a year and it would be like "oh she needs to participate more i class and speak up" so I took their feedback on board and spoke up in class and answered questions and spoke to people. My next report was quite negative because they then kept saying how I would constantly talk and "not give anyone else a chance" :hmmm:

But one of the most memorable things was in year 9 it was the end of year reports, and I was in bottom set PE and we were doing something terrible like gymnastics and let's just say I'm not the most elegant of people and I have a strong dislike of PE. At the end of our lessons our PE teacher would always ask us to do a self-evaluation of what we did today, to which my response would always be something of the variant "I probably should have done more things today, or rather actually participated."
So when it came to the grades on our reports, all of my friends who were in top set PE got like 6b-7c grades which was normal. I open my report an I got a 7a and I'm just there dying of bloody laughter :teehee:
Original post by Zargabaath
"Has potential, needs to apply himself"

"Needs to contribute more to class"

I just used to think to myself "Bitch, if your class wasn't so goddamn unengaging maybe I would make an effort" :lol:

which subject was it ? :P

Quick Reply

Latest