The Student Room Group

What shall I do about a cheater?

Scroll to see replies

Don't be that kid who has their nose in other people's business, just focus on your own exams.
Original post by Zargabaath
Don't be that kid who has their nose in other people's business, just focus on your own exams.

I am focusing on my exams by focusing on theirs. If she gets an A*, the grade boundary will be pushed up, even if it is negligible. This means it will be harder to get an A* for me and other people.
Original post by throwawayayay
I am focusing on my exams by focusing on theirs. If she gets an A*, the grade boundary will be pushed up, even if it is negligible. This means it will be harder to get an A* for me and other people.

As you said it's negligible. Makes no real difference.
Don't bother leave them alone as long as it don't affect someone else.
It's funny how many people on TSR are favouring the cheater... :bird: Is this how you all got your A/A*'s? lmao
Reply 25
You guys have got to be shittin me. Is anyone seeing this? Like guys, look. Cheating on a class quiz is one thing, but this is a flipping GCSE dammit.

Original post by Zargabaath
As you said it's negligible. Makes no real difference.

Original post by Amankhanhussain
Don't bother leave them alone as long as it don't affect someone else.
It's funny how many people on TSR are favouring the cheater... :bird: Is this how you all got your A/A*'s? lmao

You asked what to do about a cheater, and everyone tells you to do nothing. Thats not favouring them, and you make sound as if you're at a loss if you don't report them. Its only the writing controlled assessment, most ppl i know (including me) got huge help from the teachers anyway. The whole system is messed up lmao
(edited 8 years ago)
In life, all that matters is the result - not how you got there.
You can argue about the ethical side of that, but that's how it rolls.

Advice? In the future, work smarter not harder. And if you can't work smarter, hard work is all that remains.
Advice about this specific situation? You have nothing to gain by taking any action, so why bother.
Original post by theconfusedman
You asked what to do about a cheater, and everyone tells you to do nothing. Thats not favouring them, and you make sound as if you're at a loss if you don't report them. Its only the writing controlled assessment, most ppl i know (including me) got huge help from the teachers anyway. The whole system is messed up lmao

Not everyone has said to do nothing. The people who have said to do nothing did not give any good reasons why.

It's only the GCSE CA, which contributes to your final grade.

Just because a lot of people get help doesn't mean everyone can cheat.
Original post by brabzzz
In life, all that matters is the result - not how you got there.
You can argue about the ethical side of that, but that's how it rolls.

Advice? In the future, work smarter not harder. And if you can't work smarter, hard work is all that remains.
Advice about this specific situation? You have nothing to gain by taking any action, so why bother.

:giggle::adore:
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Inform the exam board. Provide the details of the candidate who cheated, including their Admission Number, UCI, ULN and Candidate Number - don't forget the Centre Name and Centre ID. Make this request via your teacher; they'll provide all of the details aforementioned above when the cheating candidate gets referred. YOU MUST REPORT THEM.

You forgot to add ASAP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inform the exam board. Provide the details of the candidate who cheated, including their Admission Number, UCI, ULN and Candidate Number - don't forget the Centre Name and Centre ID. Make this request via your teacher; they'll provide all of the details aforementioned above when the cheating candidate gets referred. YOU MUST REPORT THEM.

Original post by Impressive
You forgot to add ASAP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will do it as soon as I can. Shall I request this information myself and report them to AQA or let the teacher do it themselves?

And what?

You teacher will think you're pain.
The exam board might have to pretend to be interested. Probably not though.
Nothing will happen.

It's your word against theirs, long after the event.
Original post by brabzzz
And what?

You teacher will think you're pain.
The exam board might have to pretend to be interested. Probably not though.
Nothing will happen.

It's your word against theirs, long after the event.

I don't think so mate
Seriously?

Long after the exam has finished, you go to a teacher and say 'Tom cheated, i saw him'.
You have no proof. Whatsoever.
What do you think they will do? What can they do? Based JUST on your word - which is worth...absolutely nothing.

Now...if you had the minerals to say it AT THE TIME, in the exam hall, when the incriminating evidence was on them - their phone. Well, then the situation is very different.

Now? You're wasting your time.
Not everyone has said to do nothing. The people who have said to do nothing did not give any good reasons why.

It's only the GCSE CA, which contributes to your final grade.

Just because a lot of people get help doesn't mean everyone can cheat.

Firstly you dont have proof, so how are you going to report them?
Why is it any of your business?
Its VERY selfish of you to report them on the basis of lowering grade boundary requirements. Its as if you're punishing others for your own self gain, even though one cheat makes no difference to the overall boundary
her cheating will mean she will face the consequences of what she is doing in the future.

What im saying appears to be the popular view of others on TSR. If you seem to think that everyone is saying this because we all cheat too, then you are very narrow minded and a bit of a snob.

If you choose to ignore and argue against what everyone is saying then why make this thread anyway? Just end the thread and do what you want, because tbh no one cares.

because tbh no one cares.

Don't reply then
Original post by brabzzz
Seriously?

What do you think they will do? What can they do? Based JUST on your word - which is worth...absolutely nothing.

Keep an eye on him next time
Don't reply then

I can just tell how much of an ignorant snob you are from the way you dismiss my point. The ony reason no one cares anymore is because you argue against them. Dont reply to me anymore, i cant stand your ignorance.
I can just tell how much of an ignorant snob you are from the way you dismiss my point. The ony reason no one cares anymore is because you argue against them. Dont reply to me anymore, i cant stand your ignorance.

Ok, you clearly know everything about me:biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest