The Student Room Group

Happy International Women's day, guys! :D

Happy International Women's day to you all!

This one's for all of us women. Yes, for us! Not going to list all the negative stuff that many women has to go through across the world for being a woman, mainly because we are more than that! We are strong and we will remain strong and positive.

Here's to all the strong women.
May we Know them.
May we be them.
May we raise them! :smile:

Tagging some of my tsr female friends who I think are strong and inspiring but a very happy International Women's day to y'all!

Also, you can share the quotes of your fav or inspiring women from across the world!:h:

Attachment not found
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BrokenLife

This one's for all of us women. Yes, for us! Not going to list all the negative stuff that many women has to go through across the world for being a woman, mainly because we are more than that! We are strong and we will remain strong and positive.

May we Know them.
May we be them.

Tagging some of my tsr female friends who I think are strong and inspiring but a very happy International Women's day to y'all!

Also, you can share the quotes of your fav or inspiring women from across the world!:h:

Attachment not found

[video="youtube;dg8QgUIKXHw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg8QgUIKXHw[/video]

This thread should derail into posting female power tunes :ninjagirl:

Thank you so much BL, you know how amazing and strong I think you are.

Does this mean you are lesbian today?

Indetermy shall have to accept that you belong to me today :yep:

Why am I doing the long space thing between stuff? It's because I know you shall appreciate.
Reply 2
Original post by Ethereal World
[video="youtube;dg8QgUIKXHw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg8QgUIKXHw[/video]

Thank you so much BL, you know how amazing and strong I think you are.

Does this mean you are lesbian today?

Indetermy shall have to accept that you belong to me today :yep:

Why am I doing the long space thing between stuff? It's because I know you shall appreciate.

Great tune, Ethereal!:h:

And yes agreed! Share anything you want to but regarding women.:u:

No worries, Ethereal! I've just told the truth. Thanks to you too! You know we are strong! :wink:

The spacing in between is called BL's style..hence I appreciate it :biggrin::tongue:

Well, well, well...

What can I say? Its Women's day and being the passionate person I am for women's rights...

I have no choice but to be a lesbian today..I mean the last lesbian experience I had with you was a long time ago ...so:sexface:

Ermm.. but that doesn't mean Indeterminate isn't mine cos I still have my swords ready y'know:fight::flutter::fight::fl utter:
(edited 8 years ago)
Happy International Women's Day! :ahee:

[video="youtube;VBmMU_iwe6U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmMU_iwe6U[/video]
Great tune, Ethereal!:h:

And yes agreed! Share anything you want to but regarding women.:u:

No worries, Ethereal! I've just told the truth. Thanks to you too! You know we are strong! :wink:

The spacing in between is called BL's style..hence I appreciate it :biggrin::tongue:

Well, well, well...

What can I say? Its Women's day and being the passionate person I am for women's rights...

I have no choice but to be a lesbian today..I mean the last lesbian experience I had with you was a long time ago ...so:sexface:

Ermm.. but that doesn't mean Indeterminate isn't mine cos I still have my swords read y'know:fight::flutter::fight::fl utter:

:toofunny:

will contribute more later when I'm done with the daily grind.

See you late then :sexface:

Indetermy = still yours :yep:

but always have the :fight: ready because you never know who will :flutter: at him!!
Original post by undercxver
Happy International Women's Day! :ahee:

[video="youtube;VBmMU_iwe6U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmMU_iwe6U[/video]

You got the memo then :biggrin:
Happy national women's day to you too!

May we Know them.
May we be them.

Attachment not found

All 14 of them.

May we Know them.
May we be them.

Attachment not found

@z33 look at malala :biggrin: I just asked you about her :colone:
Reply 9
:toofunny:

will contribute more later when I'm done with the daily grind.

See you late then :sexface:

Indetermy = still yours :yep:

but always have the :fight: ready because you never know who will :flutter: at him!!

Haha okay :smile:

See you..

:sexface:

And I will :fight::flutter::fight::flutter: that person if they try to :flutter: at my Indeterminate:colonhash:
@BrokenLife Happy International Women's day to you and everyone!

I am so jealous of Malala, she is already so influential at such a young age. I'm proud of her as a South Asian girl but I'm also jealous lol
Happy International Women's Day! :h:
x

Thank you for the tag beautiful :hugs: but strong and inspiring? don't deserve to be called that really cos i haven't done anything lol :rofl: and i'm all pink and squishy tbh :redface:
tbh it was fairlu obvious if you were in the vicinity of the art room that it was this day as the tunes changed to all these female songs :redface:
I'm sure there is some inspiring woman that i could think of in the media but tbh the most inspiring person to me is my mum :love:
and @Jenx301 on here :colondollar: sorry if you didn't want to be tagged jen :colondollar: just thought it should be known how awesome you are :redface: xxx

btw i'm kind of indifferent about this day but happy day to everyone :h:
Also my birthday lol :biggrin:

Those shorts :coma:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Those shorts :coma:

Is she wearing shorts? :rofl:
Original post by Eternalflames
@BrokenLife Happy International Women's day to you and everyone!

I am so jealous of Malala, she is already so influential at such a young age. I'm proud of her as a South Asian girl but I'm also jealous lol

Thank you! :smile:

Haha well...I'm certainly not jealous. She's one strong lady, especially knowing the area of Pakistan where she belongs from where the terrorists had power, I mean, hats off to her! :h:

Original post by SubZero~
Happy International Women's Day! :h:

Thank you! :smile: To you too. :smile:

Original post by CoolCavy
Thank you for the tag beautiful :hugs: but strong and inspiring? don't deserve to be called that really cos i haven't done anything lol :rofl: and i'm all pink and squishy tbh :redface:
tbh it was fairlu obvious if you were in the vicinity of the art room that it was this day as the tunes changed to all these female songs :redface:
I'm sure there is some inspiring woman that i could think of in the media but tbh the most inspiring person to me is my mum :love:
and @Jenx301 on here :colondollar: sorry if you didn't want to be tagged jen :colondollar: just thought it should be known how awesome you are :redface: xxx

btw i'm kind of indifferent about this day but happy day to everyone :h:

Haha aww well..Cavy, wait will I tag you in one extremely amazing and true quote in a sec. Then' you'll know why you are strong! :smile:

and aww that's amazing! Sounds fun actually! :smile:

And mums are inspiring, well, for most.

Original post by teenhorrorstory
Also my birthday lol :biggrin:

Haha well..happy birthday too then! :biggrin:
Thank you! :smile:

Haha well...I'm certainly not jealous. She's one strong lady, especially knowing the area of Pakistan where she belongs from where the terrorists had power, I mean, hats off to her! :h:

I do see that it was very brave of her to stand up for what she believed in and be so strong against the Taliban.
But her best friend was so pathetic, she was telling some Pakistani newspaper "I wish I got shot too, then I would have become famous as well". Like fair enough she's your friend and you would be jealous but to say that you wanted to be shot is so stupid and pathetic :mad:
Getting shot isn't fun and she had to stay in hospital for months. Also Malala was involved with some Children's BBC reporters from before, her friend is really stupid for saying that to the public, I would be embarrassed if I was her.
IMG-20160308-WA0000.jpg

This is what I was talking about, Cavy. And it is so true!:h:
Original post by Eternalflames
I do see that it was very brave of her to stand up for what she believed in and be so strong against the Taliban.
But her best friend was so pathetic, she was telling some Pakistani newspaper "I wish I got shot too, then I would have become famous as well". Like fair enough she's your friend and you would be jealous but to say that you wanted to be shot is so stupid and pathetic :mad:
Getting shot isn't fun and she had to stay in hospital for months. Also Malala was involved with some Children's BBC reporters from before, her friend is really stupid for saying that to the public, I would be embarrassed if I was her.

Loool yeah its sad because I feel like many desi people don't appreciate the achievements by others. They desire they were in their place. Its stupid to say so but what can we do.

Quick Reply

Latest