The Student Room Group

A cup of tea (with saucer) in a lecture!? Just British Uni Things...

Scroll to see replies

I never have any funny anecdotes to contribute, I study via distance learning. :cry2:
...CertHE post nominals? :eyebrow:
Reply 21
Original post by Manitude
The most british thing that happened to me?

I dunked a digestive into my tea, left it too long and the biscuit broke and fell into my tea. I did what any other British person would do and tutted softly to myself.

This is British, so wonderfully, wondefully British. :hat:
Original post by Snufkin
I never have any funny anecdotes to contribute, I study via distance learning. :cry2:
...CertHE post nominals? :eyebrow:

According to my supervisor, I can use these. (I have a CertHE prior to my current degree)
Original post by Roving Fish
According to my supervisor, I can use these. (I have a CertHE prior to my current degree)

When I did my CertHE with the OU I got an email from my tutor saying congrats on passing, but she warned me (in bold :afraid:) not to use the post nominals after your name because it makes you look desperate. :dontknow:
Here in Poland it's not too weird to have tea or coffee in class either... :biggrin:
I would like acupofgreentea in lectures :yep:
Original post by jneill
No biscuits????!!!!!

:cookie: :cry2: :gasp: :scrooge:

(Nice storyboard!)

People watching come dine with me and Jeremy Kyle in lectures...
Reply 27
Err the most British thing that's happened in my lectures is when my lecturer jokingly asked if the students who walked in late for the 9am lecture were too drunk to turn up earlier.
Original post by Hannahmay01
People watching come dine with me and Jeremy Kyle in lectures...

This !!!

When The Apprentice is on, there's at least one person in one of my lectures during the week watching it there!
This doesn't really answer the question, but it's this that comes to mind whenever people talk about the most british things what what

[video="youtube;FtK_vfp8po8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtK_vfp8po8[/video]
Original post by JBLondon
It didn't happen to me, but Douglas Adams had the absolute best example of a 'Britishism'. It's a bit of a wall of text but it's definitely worth a read:

Literally keeping this story for a rainy day! Hilarious!
You know, despite having studied at Oxford, I can't think of any quintissentially British anecdotes to tell :sad: There was a lot of quirky **** that happened and lots of hilarious stories, but things that are stereotypically British? Can't think of any off the top of my head :no:

#TLGFails

There was, of course, a LOT of tea involved in doing an Oxford degree. Oxford basically runs on tea. You can't NOT drink tea - people get confused (and occasionally offended. As I found out... :eek: ) :tongue:
Original post by balanced
I want to wear a suit to uni, as that's all I have worn since I was really young, is that considered weird? XD

Very weird haha but I'd find it quite endearing tbh ☺️

Also OP I want to go to your uni x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending