The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amellia123
Yeah... my sister is a chav and I'm completely not... kids at school make fun of me for being 'posh' :tongue:

What, because of the difference between you two? Wow, those people! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
What, because of the difference between you two? Wow, those people! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha well they make fun of me because apparently we look 'so alike' and we don't. The kids just take the mick out of me in general for being posh - always have done :lol:
Haha well they make fun of me because apparently we look 'so alike' and we don't. The kids just take the mick out of me in general for being posh - always have done :lol:

Aww :console:

Ah that's really irritating. Lots of people say every person at school looks like their sibling when I don't. I mean you can probably tell they're related but that's it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww :console:

Ah that's really irritating. Lots of people say every person at school looks like their sibling when I don't. I mean you can probably tell they're related but that's it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha ah well... the 'daily perils of Amellia's' life' It can get quite irritating but I just don't rise to it anymore - I honestly don't really see the point. Haha I know what you mean :tongue: I don't wish to be associated with my sisters 'chavvy behaviour' :lol:

Oh I also said yes to that party - James (the boy whose party it is) was most pleased :biggrin:
Haha ah well... the 'daily perils of Amellia's' life' It can get quite irritating but I just don't rise to it anymore - I honestly don't really see the point. Haha I know what you mean :tongue: I don't wish to be associated with my sisters 'chavvy behaviour' :lol:

Oh I also said yes to that party - James (the boy whose party it is) was most pleased :biggrin:

Haha :rofl:

Cool - I hope you enjoy it. I bet he was! You should also suggest music, maybe a bit of Duran Duran? Or you should just play it on your phone there and show them real music :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha :rofl:

Cool - I hope you enjoy it. I bet he was! You should also suggest music, maybe a bit of Duran Duran? Or you should just play it on your phone there and show them real music :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I hope so... The guy whose party it is is actually really nice, I'm just worried about some of the people who are going (I really hope he didn't invite my former boyfriend either)
Haha I really should - I already suggested Duran Duran but he says he already has some of their CDs as his mum likes them :lol: I just hope he has some decent music! :rofl:
Ahh I see, I cant really comment anyway as I have never done a computing qualification :smile: My dad bought me all the bits for christmas when I was about 12 and I kind of just got on with it :redface: He knows someone who builds his own Hi-Fi equipment (its his company) and he got me started on a few things... I've built a DAC and a few power supplies for stereos - no nothing overly interesting though :tongue:

I see :smile: More than I could do :tongue: SassKing doesn't even know what a DAC is... :lol:

Ahh, I remember having to deal with those kinds of people back when I was at school... :tongue:
Original post by SassKing13
I see :smile: More than I could do :tongue: SassKing doesn't even know what a DAC is... :lol:

Haha You would find it fairly easy - just have to solder the parts in the correct place :smile: A DAC basically controls the music output source to your speakers - supposed to give a better music quality (I think) :smile:

Basic DAC design model - kind of a glorified volume control for a Hi-Fi stereo
Ahh, I remember having to deal with those kinds of people back when I was at school... :tongue:

Yep - they're all so lovely aren't they? :tongue: Kind of why I only like about 2% of my year group :lol:
Yep - they're all so lovely aren't they? :tongue: Kind of why I only like about 2% of my year group :lol:

It's really quite stupid that you still get people like that in A-Levels. You'd think people would essentially 'grow up' and stop acting like that...
Haha You would find it fairly easy - just have to solder the parts in the correct place :smile: A DAC basically controls the music output source to your speakers - supposed to give a better music quality (I think) :smile:

Basic DAC design model - kind of a glorified volume control for a Hi-Fi stereo

Hmmm, I see... :smile:

Thank you for the interesting diagram! :tongue:
Haha I hope so... The guy whose party it is is actually really nice, I'm just worried about some of the people who are going (I really hope he didn't invite my former boyfriend either)
Haha I really should - I already suggested Duran Duran but he says he already has some of their CDs as his mum likes them :lol: I just hope he has some decent music! :rofl:

Aww that's good. Ooh yeah...
Fingers crossed! :tongue: Yeah you're more likely to actually stay if there's decent music

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's really quite stupid that you still get people like that in A-Levels. You'd think people would essentially 'grow up' and stop acting like that...

Yeah, its a shame really - I've found there are three camps at school; the chavy/yobbos/and general mess abouts, the 'I have an opinion, therefore you are wrong' group and the people kind of like me who say very little as they don't wish to be involved. For this I am classed as a nerd and a loner :lol: Its so bad that when I get asked who I would vote for in elections and I say Conservatives, everyone says how am I wrong and that I am exploiting the poor.... I cant even say that I don't mind Jeremy Clarkson without being sworn at and told that I am an idiot....

Ooops sorry the rant is not over (I am so sorry) I have had an extremely stressful day :redface: I hope that you have had a good day :smile:
Hmmm, I see... :smile:

Thank you for the interesting diagram! :tongue:

I'm kind of a bit of a tech nerd I'm afraid (I never did say I was cool) :tongue:
You're welcome! Its only a basic model but you get the idea :smile:

Aww that's good. Ooh yeah...
Fingers crossed! :tongue: Yeah you're more likely to actually stay if there's decent music

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yep :smile: I'll get Duran Duran in there somewhere - I did at my friends party at christmas! :rofl:
I'm kind of a bit of a tech nerd I'm afraid (I never did say I was cool) :tongue:
You're welcome! Its only a basic model but you get the idea :smile:

Haha yep :smile: I'll get Duran Duran in there somewhere - I did at my friends party at christmas! :rofl:

Haha great work! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha great work! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went for Rio and The Reflex.... everyone hated me for it :lol:
I went for Rio and The Reflex.... everyone hated me for it :lol:

Ohh right, I haven't listened to those but I'm sure they're great. I think they were just a bit too embarrassed to actually admit they like the cool stuff :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, its a shame really - I've found there are three camps at school; the chavy/yobbos/and general mess abouts, the 'I have an opinion, therefore you are wrong' group and the people kind of like me who say very little as they don't wish to be involved. For this I am classed as a nerd and a loner :lol: Its so bad that when I get asked who I would vote for in elections and I say Conservatives, everyone says how am I wrong and that I am exploiting the poor.... I cant even say that I don't mind Jeremy Clarkson without being sworn at and told that I am an idiot....

Ooops sorry the rant is not over (I am so sorry) I have had an extremely stressful day :redface: I hope that you have had a good day :smile:

No need to apologise at all. It's perfectly fine :smile: I was the same at school :redface: Don't let any of that get to you though, because I think you're an awesome person who would be great to know in real life! :biggrin: (I have met more people that I have a lot in common with on this forum than in real life, and I've been on here a while :tongue:) I don't know a lot of people in real life who even share the same music taste as me :tongue: and...to be honest, I can't exactly say I have a lot of proper friends nowadays :redface: So yeah... :smile:

My day has been okay, thank you :smile:
I did programming when I was at Uni. Not a fan :tongue: I just found it quite hard to get my head around and not particularly exciting :tongue:

It's easy:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest