The Student Room Group

What's the strangest thing you ve eaten as a midnight snack?

Decided to have naan bread with some chutney tonight. What strange things do you have as a midnight snack ?

Scroll to see replies

I once made a beef stir fry as a midnight stack
Ive cooked a full on pork belly with crackling, garnished with onions covered in a honey/corriander seed/staranise glaze.

Started at 11pm finished at about 2am.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
A mouse. Found one running around and killed it and grilled it.

Tasted like chicken wings.

Did you season it first? Depends how you do your wings
Wasabi peanuts. They are delicious!

Original post by SeanFM

I ve never seen those before
Original post by claireestelle

Oh my GOD Sean is right, they are little crunchy balls of heaven!

They're great I tell ya :tongue: not sure if you can get them in any old Tesco though, I think it'd have to be an Asian shop. :s-smilie:
Original post by SeanFM
They're great I tell ya :tongue: not sure if you can get them in any old Tesco though, I think it'd have to be an Asian shop. :s-smilie:

Original post by iEthan
Oh my GOD Sean is right, they are little crunchy balls of heaven!

What do they taste like? I can't stand normal peanuts so I m not sure if I d like wasabi nuts.
What do they taste like? I can't stand normal peanuts so I m not sure if I d like wasabi nuts.

They're just like.. really spicy crunch, that's the best way of describing them… They're not as nutty as you'd expect because wasabi is overpowering but if you don't like nuts, you probably won't like these :frown:
Original post by iEthan
They're just like.. really spicy crunch, that's the best way of describing them… They're not as nutty as you'd expect because wasabi is overpowering but if you don't like nuts, you probably won't like these :frown:

That does sound intriguing, I m afraid I can't even stomach praline so probably not :frown:
That does sound intriguing, I m afraid I can't even stomach praline so probably not :frown:

Awh :frown: hey! There's always these other things I have… they're broad beans from Tesco and they're crunchy and salted. Like nuts, but not nutty or squeaky and just as crunchy as crisps. They're wonderful!

Spoiler

Reply 12
Decided to have naan bread with some chutney tonight. What strange things do you have as a midnight snack ?

pork liver
I don't know tbh :redface:
am hungry now tho....

i would report back but it would be of nothing of interest whatsoever :rofl:
probs just gonna be some chocolate cos i live life on the edge :redface:

plus something has to get me thro this history :nooo:
Dominos pizza.
I'll try and sound posh by mentioning that I had smoked salmon at 2am the other day.
An omelette. Ugh this thread makes me hungry. :angry:
Original post by Arkasia
Dominos pizza.

I once ordered 2 tubs of Ben and Jerry's and a 39p dip to get it over a tenner for delivery.

The guy gave me the ice-cream and then said "here's your dip" sarcastically while looking at me with "you're a knobhead" written all over his face.:smile:
Original post by iEthan
Awh :frown: hey! There's always these other things I have… they're broad beans from Tesco and they're crunchy and salted. Like nuts, but not nutty or squeaky and just as crunchy as crisps. They're wonderful!

Spoiler

I ve never seen those either but they do look nice :smile:
Original post by SeanFM

Definitely agree!

Ive had ice cream as a midnight snack followed by anything edible lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest