The Student Room Group

If you were a country which one would you be and why?

So I was randomly discussing this with Illiberal Liberal :rip: this morning and I thought it would be interesting to see if the rest of you can compare yourself to a country.

I said I think I'm Japan:
The island represents isolation, some dark history but responsible and peaceful now, quirky, not really sure of my place in the world, innovative and creative.

He apparently thinks I'm Singapore:
Also quirky and island nation but a real success story, coming from nothing and being advanced and rich. Although I'm not rich yet :teehee:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Syria- such a beautiful country with lots of world heritage,beautiful waters and now completely gone to waste.
How I miss her,my mother's motherland :love:
Iceland! Because it's pretty, and volcanoes are awesome :smile:
Original post by Ethereal World
Liberal Illiberal

Illiberal Liberal* :shakecane:
North Korea

Spoiler

Original post by queen-bee
Syria- such a beautiful country with lots of world heritage,beautiful waters and now completely gone to waste.
How I miss her,my mother's motherland :love:

Awwww but you haven't completely gone to waste, you've been right to the bottom and people wrote you off but you're strong and going to climb back to the top and achieve happiness. Just like I hope for that beautiful country ruined by proxy wars and geopolitics. :frown:
Original post by Hydeman
Illiberal Liberal* :shakecane:

Lol when you quoted me I thought you might be getting involved but as per it's to point out every mistake I've ever made. I always get it confused because I call him liberal (even though that's hugely ironic :giggle:)
Original post by Leviathan1741
Iceland! Because it's pretty, and volcanoes are awesome :smile:

Awwww yeah! I wish I had chosen Iceland now. It's cold and beautiful with natural wonder and doesn't seem to like people all that much.

(Not that I think I'm beautiful but ygm)
bulgaria because I am insignificant
Awwww yeah! I wish I had chosen Iceland now. It's cold and beautiful with natural wonder and doesn't seem to like people all that much.

(Not that I think I'm beautiful but ygm)

Yeah I don't think I'm beautiful either haha. But I've always wanted to visit Iceland, the scenery is so gorgeous :smile:
Awwww but you haven't completely gone to waste, you've been right to the bottom and people wrote you off but you're strong and going to climb back to the top and achieve happiness. Just like I hope for that beautiful country ruined by proxy wars and geopolitics. :frown:

You're the definition of a habibti(sweetheart) :kiss:

I hope she makes a speedy recovery so she can go back to her former glory :love:
Reply 11
Probably Russia

A bit unstable, mysterious, aggressive, diverse, tragic, but with a love of arts and a kindness beyond the stern and distrusting expression that plummet the depths of the Caspian Sea
Original post by karl pilkington
bulgaria because I am insignificant

I doubt any Bulgarians would agree. And why are you insignificant :dontknow:
Finland.

They're chill and nobody really bothers them about anything.
I wouldn't mind being the luxury "England, America", but I'd be Pakistan. A country which is gradually stepping itself into modernization and is home to heritage, architecture and food! However, hit by political corruption, with minor cities refusing to give liberation to women and the taliban, all hinder the beauty in which the country could offer.
Original post by whorace
Probably Russia

A bit unstable, mysterious, aggressive, diverse, tragic, but with a love of arts and a kindness beyond the stern and distrusting expression that plummet the depths of the Caspian Sea

PRSOM.

Stoic and hostile as well?
Original post by NeoconZionist
Israel - I get to whatever I like because my homeboy 'Murica is backing me up :cool:

:teehee:
So I was randomly discussing this with Illiberal Liberal :rip: this morning and I thought it would be interesting to see if the rest of you can compare yourself to a country.

Ireland - Filled with a raw beauty and wisdom but made seriously ****ed up by oppression - it can go from a peaceful, loving state to Hulk in 4.5 seconds when repressed. Also has a mad sense of humour.

I'd say that sums me up.
Reply 18
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Finland.

They're chill and nobody really bothers them about anything.

*except Russia*

Oops
Germany - tactical,effective, and bloody ruthless

Quick Reply

Latest