The Student Room Group

Does anyone else just cry about the state of the world?

~INFP problems~

And then you finally lose hope in humanity and think, screw it, I'm going to hide in a cave and live as a hermit.

Scroll to see replies

Not cry, but earlier in the year (or late last year, I forget) I did have a period in which I was VERY concerned and felt worried throughout the day. This lasted about a week but it helped to talk to a friend who managed to calm me down and share my feelings :smile:
It is true, so many things exist now that didnt before like the trends....lord...save me from them...dabbing:redface:...I mean...what even...on a light hearted note tho, y'all gotta cry about these in the world:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sleepyspider
~INFP problems~

And then you finally lose hope in humanity and think, screw it, I'm going to hide in a cave and live as a hermit.

I lost hope in humanity before this. Society did it for me, before the whole days of Donald Trump and the EU referendum + the racism of the majority of the UK who haven't taken the time to educate themselves thoroughly.

I'll join you in the cave. We can build an underground town.
Sometimes I just get so tired of this life because I've just lost hope. There's no humanity and if there's no humanity then I just think that why on earth am I still alive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
:sadnod:

However, I'm not losing faith in humanity since I firmly believe that there's more good in this world than bad :yep:
Some times but there are also things that make me cry with joy at the wonderful things some people do :h:
Reply 7
I am so happy (given my age) that I have not got long to go, so I hope I will not have to witness much more ...
Original post by TeeEm
I am so happy (given my age) that I have not got long to go, so I hope I will not have to witness much more ...

Nooo don't talk like that TeeEm :cry2:
Reply 9
Original post by Student403
Nooo don't talk like that TeeEm :cry2:

I had this very same conversation with my friend while walking 2 days ago ...
Original post by Hambi123
Sometimes I just get so tired of this life because I've just lost hope. There's no humanity and if there's no humanity then I just think that why on earth am I still alive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you care? You live in a great country without the problems of war or safety or extreme poverty that other people in the world face. You are so lucky to be living the high quality of life that you have in the UK. And you're still sad about humanity and wondering why you're alive? Be grateful for your life, make the most of your opportunities and make the world just that little bit better.
Not cry, but earlier in the year (or late last year, I forget) I did have a period in which I was VERY concerned and felt worried throughout the day. This lasted about a week but it helped to talk to a friend who managed to calm me down and share my feelings :smile:

That sounds awful, but I'm glad you could find someone to talk it out with! Friends who you can share your anxieties with, and who empathise with you and don't judge you, are the best :smile:
Original post by TeeEm
I had this very same conversation with my friend while walking 2 days ago ...

What did your friend say?
That sounds awful, but I'm glad you could find someone to talk it out with! Friends who you can share your anxieties with, and who empathise with you and don't judge you, are the best :smile:

I agree and I feel so grateful :smile: She really held me together :yep:
Yes, I've cried about it before.

Then I feel inspired and motivated to fix as much as I can

But I end up just crying even more
Original post by JohnGreek
:laugh:

Spoiler

How was I mean?:s-smilie: You mean the Merry Xmas one?:biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Tinemither
I lost hope in humanity before this. Society did it for me, before the whole days of Donald Trump and the EU referendum + the racism of the majority of the UK who haven't taken the time to educate themselves thoroughly.

I'll join you in the cave. We can build an underground town.

And we'll build a wall to keep out the Trump supporters :h:
Reply 17
What did your friend say?

My friend usually listens ... I do most of the talking ...

I mentioned just how terrible is the state of the world at this moment and pointed my happiness at the fact that us humans luckily do not live that long to see even worse things to come ... Can you imagine a proper 3rd world war with today's weapons?
I cry a fair bit about the sad things that go on :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
And we'll build a wall to keep out the Trump supporters :h:

I like your thinking! Fire dispensers as fortification?

Quick Reply

Latest