The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Aw that's gr8 congratulations! 👍 I've not been yet, interview is 2moro.. Was just wondering how long I'd be waiting for a decision, I can't cope with long waits haha 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jess992

Hey so yeah you are best opening your SAAS account as early as possible, in case you need to sort out extra documents or fix mistakes or whatever, but they're obviously not accepting applications for later this year yet. Once you've opened an account it is usually the one you stick with through your whole time in education, and any changes you need to make will be done within that account. I would wait until April and check if it's changed, and if not just phone them with your account details and explain what has happened - they're usually really helpful over the phone. Either way you've got loads of time still - I used to do mine at the beginning of June :wink:

Yeah that's what I thought, it keeps saying 'application for year 2015/6 not yet received by us' something along those lines, so I think I'm just going to wait until April and then I'll see if it lapses over for the next year, if not I'll just have to ring them up. It should be okay though shouldn't it? I got an email today from them saying 'welcome to saas' or something. So the account has been made but no application has been made.. I think it should be fine. Thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sk35
How long u been waiting? I was told today with in two weeks.

Since January
Original post by bethhannah96
Since January

They emailed me saying their September intake was full so they are offering March intake instead
Original post by emmawebb
Oh, thats so confusing, but if it helps.. i applied through extra for angila ruskin last year and was placed on the waiting list and I remember the entry requirements for childrens nursing was lower than adult, childrens was only 260 ucas where as adult was 280 but this year they have put the requirements up to 280 aswell so they're both the same now. Not sure if that makes a difference to you. Are you applying for adult or child? Have you any offers yet xx

Ah I didn't realise the requirements had gone up, maybe that's why! I got a few offers but have chosen Leeds Beckett :smile: xx
Original post by CaitlinN15
Can someone help I think I've made a stupid mistake..basically I got told by a uni to make my SAAS account now and college in England where shouting at me for not doing it, so I did but now I can't apply until April...it keeps coming up saying I'm applying for 2015/6 but I'm not at uni... will it change automatically or do I need to delete my account and start again? Help😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's a SAAS account? X
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knew of any more protests planned against the cuts to nursing and midwifery student bursaries? I thought there might be something this week what with the government budget being announced on wednesday??

Still makes me so angry thinking about it!!
Reply 3187
Hi I was wondering if anyone is still waiting for a Keele interview for children's nursing. I sent my application off in October and I haven't had an interview or anything. I rang them up in Feb and then got an email that my application is being processed. And those who have had theirs, have they got a reply back yet or not. Thanks
Original post by katiec95
What's a SAAS account? X

Student Awards Agency For Scotland ☺️ It's where you apply for bursaries, tuition fees and other grants if you live in Scotland x
Reply 3189
Original post by Elinapun
They emailed me saying their September intake was full so they are offering March intake instead

I asked abt this and the lady said lots of ppl are saying sept intake cos of the bursary situation all changing but we r still offering sept as its not full.... She did say we will offer sept to them who asked sept but she carried in to say wud u take March 2017 I said I want sept but if tht was only available I wud take it. I want sept though.:frown:
Reply 3190
Original post by Elinapun

Also the lady said we r taking ppl on for sept 2017 if not successful at all for these two intakes. I'm just concerned abt bursary wud they still let u have it with applying b4 it finishes
Original post by Sk35
I asked abt this and the lady said lots of ppl are saying sept intake cos of the bursary situation all changing but we r still offering sept as its not full.... She did say we will offer sept to them who asked sept but she carried in to say wud u take March 2017 I said I want sept but if tht was only available I wud take it. I want sept though.:frown:

If you're offered March intake, you shouldn't be affected by the bursary changes! The change will only affect those starting in sept 2017! I prefer sept intake cause waiting another year is so long when we could start in September! I emailed the admissions office about this and she said she has noted it down and if there are any space then they'll put me down for it! Idk if it works
Original post by eilidhr99
Student Awards Agency For Scotland ☺️ It's where you apply for bursaries, tuition fees and other grants if you live in Scotland x

Ah I panicked and thought it was something I had to apply for too! X
Original post by Tab19
Hi I was wondering if anyone is still waiting for a Keele interview for children's nursing. I sent my application off in October and I haven't had an interview or anything. I rang them up in Feb and then got an email that my application is being processed. And those who have had theirs, have they got a reply back yet or not. Thanks

im in the same boat but for adult nursing, rang last week and they said they are still considering applications until end of April
Reply 3194
Original post by karen1507
im in the same boat but for adult nursing, rang last week and they said they are still considering applications until end of April

Oh ok, I hope they get back to us soon. Many people applied way after me and they have had their interview for Keele. Thanks x
Original post by katiec95
Ah I panicked and thought it was something I had to apply for too! X

Haha no I live in England but I've got to apply with the Scottish one because I'm going to Scottish unis unfortunately ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tab19

No news is good news. I applied end of October and got rejected in January x
Has anyone still not heard from stirling? It's been over 6 months (mid october i applied) and I've still not got an interview/rejection. .. feel like I'm the only one as I've seen lots of people have already had interviews from them? (Mental health and Stirling main campus) ://

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3198
Original post by RachD33
No news is good news. I applied end of October and got rejected in January x

Oh that's bad, did they ask you for an interview or just rejection without out? x
Original post by Tab19
Oh that's bad, did they ask you for an interview or just rejection without out? x

Rejection without interview. I didn't meet the score for interview. Wasn't too upset tho as it was my 4th choice and I'd already had offers from 2 others unis x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending