The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Legendary Quest
Please don't hurt the pony

I'm a pacifist on heart and I fully support the rights of animals. Imo, those who refuse to stop harming animals force me to support philosophies such as an eye for an eye and by any means necessary.We live in a world full of corrupt bureaucrats and severe injustice. I hope you will appreciate my willingness to tell you how it is. Compassion should only be reserved by innocent beings, human or non human other wise. Institutionalised violence doesn't simply dissapear with a peaceful protest, a dose of logic and a 'whole lotta love'. if people consistently reject the rights of animals to be free, then extreme tactics are necessary.For example, preventing abusers from committing crimes and killing a murderer to prevent a murder - these are very noble and vicarious acts of self-defense. If you commit such acts of cruelty, you are complicit and therefore guilty. if you destroy someones life, then yours should be relinquished too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Indeterminate
Yes, and here's why.

I like to go by the formal definition of 'feminism', i.e "the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes". So, to me, a feminist is a free-thinking, independent woman with a strong sense of justice. All of this IS good, and would certainly contribute to their attractiveness! :yes:

PRSOM!
I'd rather not have to ask consent each and every time with my wife. I believe if she's my wife.. then surely I know and she knows when we want to have sex and when either of us don't.

After years of being together you'd think a woman would be comfortable with saying no if she's not up for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaBrigade
Because men go out to work, in order to earn money to sustain your monkey ass...

im not gonna have a whole feminist argument, but from my point of view, I'm going to be going to catering college to train as a chef and im pretty sure that after a day of working and getting paid to do so, im not going to want to then get home and cook more food everyday when im not getting paid and am tired from working all day. so I'd like my partner to help out and sometimes cook, unless I know for a fact that they are diabolical at cooking and then i'll be like "the days I cant be bothered to cook we are having take out".
now in this day and age for only one person to go to work and be able to then sustain a healthy lifestyle and save money for a mortgage, rent, bills etc is pretty unrealistic for the average person. so no actually im not gonna sit in my ass and watch someone else go to work, i'll be working too if you didn't know the amount of women that are being forced to go to work now they cant live on one persons income. sorry to burst your own little bubble but someone had ti tell you how it is now
Reply 64
Original post by Blue_Mason
I couldn't for a number of solid reasons.

I am one:smile:
If they could abandon the feminist name and adapt egalitarian with no change to how they acted, then sure.

Otherwise, no.
Original post by katieMCR
im not gonna have a whole feminist argument, but from my point of view, I'm going to be going to catering college to train as a chef and im pretty sure that after a day of working and getting paid to do so, im not going to want to then get home and cook more food everyday when im not getting paid and am tired from working all day. so I'd like my partner to help out and sometimes cook, unless I know for a fact that they are diabolical at cooking and then i'll be like "the days I cant be bothered to cook we are having take out".
now in this day and age for only one person to go to work and be able to then sustain a healthy lifestyle and save money for a mortgage, rent, bills etc is pretty unrealistic for the average person. so no actually im not gonna sit in my ass and watch someone else go to work, i'll be working too if you didn't know the amount of women that are being forced to go to work now they cant live on one persons income. sorry to burst your own little bubble but someone had ti tell you how it is now

"I'm not going to have a feminist argument" so you proceed to have one. Here's the thing sweetheart, you're so far up your own ***. Nowadays both the male and the female partners work, therefore whoever comes home first, cooks.

Sorry to burst your bubble of wrong assumptions and judgement of people.
Original post by LaBrigade
"I'm not going to have a feminist argument" so you proceed to have one. Here's the thing sweetheart, you're so far up your own ***. Nowadays both the male and the female partners work, therefore whoever comes home first, cooks.

Sorry to burst your bubble of wrong assumptions and judgement of people.

bearing in mind the first part of that paragraph that is quoted from was from a comment that i had previously made earlier on in the thread, no I was just saying how everyone needs to work in order to sustain a lifestyle to pay bills. no, i'm not so far up my own ass, you need to stop being a bitch and actually try to accept what it is i was just trying to explain in my previous comment instead of completely ignoring it to say that i'm stuck up my own ass. and really, no one calls me sweetheart, stop.
I'd only marry a guy who accepts that men and women should be equal otherwise, adios.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Yes
She can do the cooking and i will do the washing up (aka putting the dishes into the dishwasher ):u:
Will keep her company while in the kitchen by watching football/listening to music with her :smile:
Might even cut some of the stuff :smile:

What i dont understand is why some men want their wives to be like their mother who does everything for them
Helping out here and there aint gonna do no harm:tongue:

I cant even.. you are so ****ing lazy, i doubt anyone will ever marry you (feminist or not)
This is an awful 3 year old thread.

Latest