The Student Room Group

What scares you about the UK?

As an international student in the UK - What concerns you the most about being here? What concerns your parents?!

Scroll to see replies

being served tea where the milk was poured before the water
The unprofessional government
Having a blade pulled out at you 3 in the morning next to a chicken shop in london
Original post by Student403
The unprofessional government

David Cameron and the Conservatives (but nowhere near as scared as I am for the USA's presidential candidates...)
Original post by JenniMusic
David Cameron and the Conservatives (but nowhere near as scared as I am for the USA's presidential candidates...)

I'm only scared of one candidate lol.

This election isn't Republicans vs Democrats. It's Trump vs everyone else :lol:
I'm only scared of one candidate lol.

This election isn't Republicans vs Democrats. It's Trump vs everyone else :lol:

Basically, yes. But can any of them really lead the country?
Reply 7
trump coming over to visit
Reply 8
london omds
cant even go out after 8pm without being followed by some horny shits, like dudeee nah have some morals
Basically, yes. But can any of them really lead the country?

Well at this point I'd be grateful to have any of Hillary, Bernie or even Rubio up there. Just anything but the hamster head :afraid:
Original post by ellie0497

I don't ever want to experience this.. That's just plain old blasphemy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing - this place is no where near intimidating.
Well at this point I'd be grateful to have any of Hillary, Bernie or even Rubio up there. Just anything but the hamster head :afraid:

Yeah! Do you live in the US? :smile:
Yeah! Do you live in the US? :smile:

Nah I don't :c do you?
5p plastic bag
I'd probably get carded for saying it
Nah I don't :c do you?

Me neither :wink:
aldershot
Finding it difficult to reach locations on time because the city's bus service seems mad complicated, since there are so many buses .
I think I would always be late to stuff in the first year.

Affording my living :/ I wanna go but I don't wanna ask my parents for money all the time.

Going out late, how safe is it, especially for foreigners. London's shown to be really adventurous, large and pretty but also full of crime, i.e. knife crimes and being robbed on a regular. That comes up in my mind often.

Lol, and making new friends of course, how cool are the students over there in general? If someone can answer some of these questions that'd be great cus I'd like to know.
Original post by ellie0497

[video="youtube;PpmxK_AzCUY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpmxK_AzCUY[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest