The Student Room Group

I'm lonely

I'm feeling lonely. I only have two close friends; one is on holiday on the other side of the world and can't communicate with me and the other doesn't seem to care about me lately. I've tried messaging them and they just read it and don't reply, or send me one word answers. I just want to talk to them but they don't seem to be interested because they have other friends. I've spent the last few days in the house without anyone to talk to and I wish I had someone to meet for a chat/coffee.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm feeling lonely. I only have two close friends; one is on holiday on the other side of the world and can't communicate with me and the other doesn't seem to care about me lately. I've tried messaging them and they just read it and don't reply, or send me one word answers. I just want to talk to them but they don't seem to be interested because they have other friends. I've spent the last few days in the house without anyone to talk to and I wish I had someone to meet for a chat/coffee.

Howdy. :biggrin: You can talk to me if you like. :smile: I know it isn't the same as a real life person, but it could help take the tinge off your loneliness. :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alfed
Howdy. :biggrin: You can talk to me if you like. :smile: I know it isn't the same as a real life person, but it could help take the tinge off your loneliness. :h:

Nah. He (or she) would much rather talk to me. :u:
Reply 3
Original post by RezzBerry
Nah. He (or she) would much rather talk to me. :u:

So long as they can talk to someone, so they feel less lonely. :smile: But I actually wish to talk to them, and get to know them. :colondollar:
Reply 4
The awkward moment when OP doesn't want to talk to either of the above.
Reply 5
Original post by Davalla
The awkward moment when OP doesn't want to talk to either of the above.

Listen this thread is about the OP. I am just offering them some help. Maybe you should offer them some advice or help yourself. Rather than trolling the thread. :angry:
go and out and meet people, its easier then you think. You know your friends having a good time and your just waiting for there messages ? go out and enjoy yourself
Original post by Alfed
Listen this thread is about the OP. I am just offering them some help. Maybe you should offer them some advice or help yourself. Rather than trolling the thread. :angry:

I think the OP is Alfed...
Reply 8
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
go and out and meet people, its easier then you think. You know your friends having a good time and your just waiting for there messages ? go out and enjoy yourself

This. :h:
You can talk to anyone on here, I'm sure anyone, and myself will like that.

You're not alone 💜

I'm sure your friends are just busy right now, and if they really are just sending you one word answers, it just shows how much they value you at the moment. I feel like, we will always be busy, but you can always make time out for people that you want to talk to. It isn't fair that you feel like this. I know how it feels to be pushed in the backseat and then pushed out of people's lives altogether. It's not nice:frown: so go and be happy. Make new friends. Whether it's online or not. Do what feels best, work hard and don't dwell too much on this all.
(edited 8 years ago)
sorry all i could think about when i read the title was this

[video="youtube;6EEW-9NDM5k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EEW-9NDM5k[/video]
Reply 11
Original post by shawtyb
sorry all i could think about when i read the title was this

[video="youtube;6EEW-9NDM5k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EEW-9NDM5k[/video]

Nice. :colonhash:
Original post by Alfed

Sorry sir. I won't do it again, I promise.
:yes:
Reply 13
Original post by AthiaKarim
You can talk to anyone on here, I'm sure anyone, and myself will like that.

You're not alone 💜

I'm sure your friends are just busy right now, and if they really are just sending you one word answer, it just shows how much they value you at the moment. I feel like, we will always be busy, but you can always make time out for people that you want to talk to. It isn't fair that you feel like this. I know how it feels to be pushed in the backseat and then pushed out of people's lives altogether. It's not nice:frown: so go and be happy. Make new friends. Whether it's online or not. Do what feels best, work hard and don't dwell too much on this all.

K.
Original post by whorace
K.

:bawling:
Reply 15
Original post by AthiaKarim
:bawling:

Why are you crying? I thought one word answers meant I liked you.
Original post by whorace
Why are you crying? I thought one word answers meant I liked you.

One word answers are the worst :frown:
I'm here to talk if you'd like to :smile:
Sounds like you could do with making new friends. How about taking up a new hobby? If you joined a sports/social club it could really help. Not only will you be doing something you enjoy and spending time doing something (rather than sitting at home which can make you quite depressed), but you can also make new friends at the same time.
Yes this will be a bit daunting at first but from my experience of sports club they welcome you open arms and you can make some good friends.
You have us! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending