The Student Room Group

Can we all reflect on all the good things Islam does for the world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yisithegr8
so u believe that jihads are not muslims because they are not peaceful?

well they are killing inncocent civilians which is against our religion and they do that in the name of Isalm ...that's not right!
Original post by Yisithegr8
u proved urself wrong in your own post...LOOOOL
how did we manage before?????...obviously we had those things!!!

Hold on...who invented algebra again and who was it named after?? look it up!! without algebra ...there would have been no engineering!
Original post by elforjg02
Hold on...who invented algebra again and who was it named after?? look it up!! without algebra ...there would have been no engineering!

Who invented algebra, and who its named after are two different people.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Who invented algebra, and who its named after are two different people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_ibn_Musa_al-Khwarizmi

Exactly. This is the person (or specifically the person whose work) algebra is named after. He didn't invent it.
LOL yeh lets talk about all the good things Islam has done so we can forget about the chaos and destruction Islam is causing on this world. :smile:
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Exactly. This is the person (or specifically the person whose work) algebra is named after. He didn't invent it.

well he's the one who found the solutions to so many algebraic equations which till today we use...and all I was trying to say is stop hating an intire religion and who practice it on actions of stupid hooligans!:h:
Original post by Daniel9998
LOL yeh lets talk about all the good things Islam has done so we can forget about the chaos and destruction Islam is causing on this world. :smile:

I think it is worth remembering these things. While I'm not really a fan of moving to a more religious world, it's worth looking at how in the past Islam really was a developing religion that examined itself and grew. Back when scholars would freely admit that parts of the Quran were missing, and debated its nature. While maybe not as intellectually nourishing as Roman or Greek (possibly Chinese and Korean, I know less about them) society it still fostered a pax Imperia that allowed the lives of its citizens to develop in the wake of the Roman collapse. Islam needs to get back to this, and recapture this mentality and break away from the dogmatic sects that have dominated the religion for a thousand years.
Original post by KingBradly
I know it's hard at times like this, but can't we all reflect on the good things Islam does for the world?

The greatest tragedy with these attacks is the way Islam and it's adherents are demonized because of them.

literally islam has done NOTHING good for the world.

Nothing.

Their religion is old as your grandmother's knickers and if anything their ideologies are holding back the human race.
Does fighting on the front line against ISIS count?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Does fighting on the front line against ISIS count?

Are you suggesting that Islam and fighting on the front line have a direct relationship?
Original post by Aceadria
Are you suggesting that Islam and fighting on the front line have a direct relationship?

Muslims make up the ground forces fighting ISIS.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Muslims make up the ground forces fighting ISIS.

Re-read the question.
Original post by KingBradly
What liberal countries need is more Islam.
org
Original post by Aceadria
Re-read the question.

I think if someone is a Muslim fighting ISIS Islam may well play a part in what motivates you to fight ISIS.
Reply 155
I'm an atheist, and I don't value any religion over any other. I believe all religions to be wrong, however I appreciate that the virtues and teachings of religions are generally a positive thing for the world.

It makes me sick that so many people don't know the difference between Muslims and terrorists. They might be causing destruction in the name of Islam, but these people are not Muslims and do represent the Islamic religion.

Terrorist attacks are shocking, but it is inherently wrong to blame Islam for them. A post made a few pages ago is very accurate, it is not the few hundred victims who form the greatest tragedies of these attacks, it is the millions of Muslims facing persecution because of something they have nothing to do with. The wars in the Middle East are causing thousands of deaths, far more than are being killed in terrorist attacks in Europe.

It is disgraceful how much attention is paid to attacks in Paris and Brussels in comparison to those taking place around the world. Turkey is a Muslim country, and the attacks in Ankara and Istanbul are tragedies, but they are not treated as such by the racist and islamophobic westerners, such as those condemning Islam on this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egypt94

It is disgraceful how much attention is paid to attacks in Paris and Brussels in comparison to those taking place around the world. Turkey is a Muslim country, and the attacks in Ankara and Istanbul are tragedies, but they are not treated as such by the racist and islamophobic westerners, such as those condemning Islam on this thread

It's that kind of victimhood mindset that leads people down the path towards terrorism.

It's entirely natural that people pay more attention to events that take place closer to them or in countries to which they have a stronger connection. It has nothing to do with covert racism or Islamophobia, everything to do with the way the media market works and people's natural interests.

It seems like every time there is a heinous terrorist attack in the West, Islamists and their fellow travellers make yet another opportunity to turn it around and make it all about them
Original post by egypt94

It makes me sick that so many people don't know the difference between Muslims and terrorists.

How many people actually don't know the difference? I'd say very few. That is an entirely different proposition from some people's position that the tenets of the religion of Islam can contribute to a mindset that allows someone to believe it is okay to kill civilians in a suicide bombing. It seems like you believe Islam is above criticism

it is the millions of Muslims facing persecution because of something they have nothing to do with

Are they actually facing any persecution? A few isolated instances of discrimination etc is not the same as a widespread societal persecution. If you want to see actual persecution, look at the situation of the Jews in Nazi Germany, or the Armenians in Turkey 100 years ago. The situation of Muslims in the West (i.e. they have full, equal civil rights, are legally protected from discrimination etc) cannot seriously be said to be persecution with a straight face.

It seems like what's actually happening here is that some Muslims would prefer to take an instance of these terror attacks to make this about what poor little victims they are of the evil kuffar, rather than actually looking honestly at how it is that people in their own communities can hold these disgusting views and go to kill their fellow citizens in suicide bombings.
I think everyone should watch this.
Cannot agree with this video more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flssY6CRfWM
Original post by Daniel9998

But it's not Islam that's causing all the chaos and destruction in this world. It's the PEOPLE....there are some fools that carry out attacks in the name of God in order to justify it. Islam is a religion of peace. Just because a few people call themselves "Muslims" and carry out attacks doesn't mean that Islam is the cause because Islam is against the killing of innocent people.

Allah says in the Quran:

{Because of that We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind. And indeed, there came to them Our Messengers with clear proofs, evidences, and signs, even then after that many of them continued to exceed the limits (e.g. by doing oppression unjustly and exceeding beyond the limits set by Allâh by committing the major sins) in the land!.} [ 5 : 32]
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending