The Student Room Group

Can we all reflect on all the good things Islam does for the world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mariachi
I hope to live long enough to see this simple principle being understood on TSR

again : we oppose Islam. We don't like it. We consider it a negative influence on society. We detest its political programme. We completely refuse shariah. Nowhere is it written in law that Islam is above criticism.

Muslims are, on the contrary, just normal people. They have exactly the same rights that any other citizen enjoys. One law for all. Muslims can pray, fast, they can come on TSR, try to make dawah (proselytise) and propagate Islam etc etc

Muslims may try to persuade us to change our views, but they should, most surely, dramatically increase the quality of their dawah.

agreed

i like maajid nawaz's variant too: "no idea is above scrutiny, no people are beneath dignity"

i really should get round to reading his book with sam harris, i find it amazing how the two of them were able to sit down and have a civil discussion about some of the most poignant issues with islam/the west
Original post by egypt94

It makes me sick that so many people don't know the difference between Muslims and terrorists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who are these people?
Reply 202
there must by now be about 200 threads on TSR about these absurd claims

just use the search option : I think no one is actually going to waste his time discussing this with you anymore

best

It's fair to ask someone to get a degree in medicine before they decide what the best diagnosis is for a patient; it is equally fair to ask someone to merely read the Quran before they decide what the best solution is for a problem involving Islam.

My point is, if you have not yet studied a subject, then you are in no position to provide solutions to problems revolving around that subject.

There are 10 year old children in this country who are being bullied for having a faith that they are part of, me trying to possibly help someone with a similar problem should not be a call for argument; so I am not going to argue with you.
Original post by LouBlue
It's fair to ask someone to get a degree in medicine before they decide what the best diagnosis is for a patient; it is equally fair to ask someone to merely read the Quran before they decide what the best solution is for a problem involving Islam.etc u.
for Pete's sake

what makes you think that I have not read the Quran ? I have actually read translations, both in English and in French : and I can even (more or less) decipher it in Arabic...

The non-Kuffar always assume that the Kuffar are necessarily ignorant "verily, they are like sheep", the "vilest of animals"

how arrogant
Reply 204
for Pete's sake

what makes you think that I have not read the Quran ? I have actually read translations, both in English and in French : and I can even (more or less) decipher it in Arabic...

The non-Kuffar always assume that the Kuffar are necessarily ignorant "verily, they are like sheep", the "vilest of animals"

how arrogant

Sorry
Original post by Shia Kafir
agreed

i like maajid nawaz's variant too: "no idea is above scrutiny, no people are beneath dignity"

i really should get round to reading his book with sam harris, i find it amazing how the two of them were able to sit down and have a civil discussion about some of the most poignant issues with islam/the west
I've read Majid's autobiography (Radical). He seems quite full of himself ... but this is beside the point.

I'll try to find the book with Sam Harris : thanks for the tip

Best
Original post by LouBlue
Sorry
no harm done, mate

your apology honours you

best
I've read Majid's autobiography (Radical). He seems quite full of himself ... but this is beside the point.

I'll try to find the book with Sam Harris : thanks for the tip

Best

how so? I'm a big fan of his :tongue:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Islam-Future-Tolerance-A-Dialogue/dp/0674088700

its a series of letters between the two re: certain topics, published into a book.
how so? I'm a big fan of his :tongue:.
well, in his bio he presents himself as quite the honest, courageous, quasi-heroic youngster... especially when he describes his fights...

but, as I said, that's beside the point

thanks for the link
for Pete's sake

how arrogant

Yeh, but this is pretty common practice with ideological groups. Most religions do it, as well as feminists, SJWS, MRAs, MGTOWS, and white supremacists. Make a criticism and it's not that you have a different perspective, it's that you need to be "educated" (in the most Orwellian sense of the word). If you don't share someones perspective, it can't be that you're taking an angle on a deeply subjective subject of which there are myriad, it must simply be that you haven't been educated the "right" way. Hence why if you point out the bits in the Qu'ran where it says unbelievers should have their fingers chopped off as examples of it's unpleasantness, it means that you don't understand it "correctly" and need to have it explained to you by an Imam.
well, in his bio he presents himself as quite the honest, courageous, quasi-heroic youngster... especially when he describes his fights...

but, as I said, that's beside the point

thanks for the link

well, from being arrested abroad for being part of a terror organisation to having the moral fortitude to admit his mistakes, put that life behind him and work to prevent others making the same mistakes is quite courageous i would say

but you have read it and i haven't, so i will cede to your superiorly informed opinion
Original post by Sadiqua
There is a lot of **** in Islam. I agree, but not right to generlze all Muslims

i see you have changed your avatar to confirm that you are not only an idiot, but an anti-semitic idiot.
Reply 212
i see you have changed your avatar to confirm that you are not only an idiot, but an anti-semitic idiot.

guess how much **** i give about ur opinion of me

Spoiler

Original post by Sadiqua
guess how much **** i give about ur opinion of me

that sentence almost made sense

which is quite rare for your ilk.
Reply 214
that sentence almost made sense

which is quite rare for your ilk.

lol i actually laughed because i thought u would have matured a bit and would not make personal attacks, but clearly u have not. still laughing..

i have not attacked u personally so plz keep it clean,.

i am not an anti semite, i just hate israel. nothing against jews,
i also hate saudi arabia...in case ur wondering, but I dont hate muslims
Original post by Sadiqua

i am not an anti semite, i just hate israel. nothing against jews,
i also hate saudi arabia...in case ur wondering, but I dont hate muslims

your avatar is the star of david = the ****ing swastika.
Reply 216
lol he is on my ignore list.
cant read his comment
your avatar is the star of david = the ****ing swastika.

tbf, that seems like the generic hindu swastika as opposed to the tilted, nazi variant. but then the avatar seems to be suggesting that judaism = hinduism, which makes no ****ing sense :lol:
Original post by Tomasio
Stop immigration from these countries indefinitely. And then focus on the home grown lemmings.

It's. That. Fu8king. Easy.

In regards to eliminting ISIS from the UK

u r a genius m8
I'm just gonna leave this here (for better or for worse):

http://youtu.be/G1QfgDkFR5E

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending