The Student Room Group

How to delay deposit of IC?

Hi guys,
I just got the offer from Cambridge Mphil in Finance and Economics; however, I am still struggling with the IELTS test. My 3200 pounds deposit deadline for investment and wealth management in IC is 14 April, does anyone have some suggestions about how to delay the deadline?

Thanks a lot!
Ask if the deadline can be extended. If not then you're going to have to make a decision unfortunately. If you're struggling with the IELTS you may need to think about whether your English is good enough for you to be able to get the most out of your course.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Ask if the deadline can be extended. If not then you're going to have to make a decision unfortunately. If you're struggling with the IELTS you may need to think about whether your English is good enough for you to be able to get the most out of your course.

Thank u so much, I have studied in the UK for two years, and am the top student in my university. I think I should be able to handle courses delivered in English. Maybe I shouldn't use the word "struggle " haha, I failed IELTS by a narrow margin last time, and maybe I need more time to prepare for it. Anyway, thank you so much.
Just a couple of points to make:
The IELTS is a standardised test so your failing may have more to do with not enough practise than your English abilities.
If you've already studied in the UK then surely the test isn't required? You may want to check that out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
Just a couple of points to make:
The IELTS is a standardised test so your failing may have more to do with not enough practise than your English abilities.
If you've already studied in the UK then surely the test isn't required? You may want to check that out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They will waive the IELTS requirement if I have studied three years in the UK, but unfortunately, I have only studied two years here. Thank you so much for your advise, I completely agree with you~
Original post by Katerina5
Hi guys,
I just got the offer from Cambridge Mphil in Finance and Economics; however, I am still struggling with the IELTS test. My 3200 pounds deposit deadline for investment and wealth management in IC is 14 April, does anyone have some suggestions about how to delay the deadline?

Thanks a lot!

Alternatively, you can also take PTE where the results are declares in just 3 days. Check out the following link http://pearsonpte.com/
Reply 6
Original post by vininodnat
Alternatively, you can also take PTE where the results are declares in just 3 days. Check out the following link http://pearsonpte.com/

Wow, 3 days are really efficient@ thank you so much for the information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending