The Student Room Group

No revision for GCSEs

Would it be wise to revise for subjects that i need in A-level and University rather than waste time on the others since I'm just starting my revision and don't have much time.
Original post by NAILFISH007
Would it be wise to revise for subjects that i need in A-level and University rather than waste time on the others since I'm just starting my revision and don't have much time.

You have plenty of time mate
Reply 2
Would it be wise to selectively revise for the subjects that I need for A-level and University as I'm starting revision now and there isn't much time left till the GCSE exams???
Try and get as much done as you can in the Easter holidays! You still have time!!!! This mentality of 'I don't have enough time so there's no point in bothering needs to stop' make a revision timetable and prioritise what you need to revise based on how soon the exam is and how much work you need to put in. Then make revision notes/ look st the specifcstion, do past paper questions, look up mark schemes to see the model answers etc for each subject! You might think you know what you want to do now but you may change your mind and if you don't give yourself the opportunity to do well in other subjects your choice will be much more limited! Give yourself the best chance possible of achieving the best grades! Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by lolingatbtec
You have plenty of time mate

Not if I want to get 8A/A* which i want to focus on rather than the other 3.
Would it be wise to selectively revise for the subjects that I need for A-level and University as I'm starting revision now and there isn't much time left till the GCSE exams???

What would look better?
8 B/As?
3 A*s 5Cs?
Reply 7
I hardly revised for my GCSEs, i revised for some exams the night before, but not most of them, and I did great (3A*s, 4As and 2Bs). it doesnt prepare you for A Levels though. so i'd say get revising, regardless of the subject.
Reply 8
Original post by Lkathryn08
Try and get as much done as you can in the Easter holidays! You still have time!!!! This mentality of 'I don't have enough time so there's no point in bothering needs to stop' make a revision timetable and prioritise what you need to revise based on how soon the exam is and how much work you need to put in. Then make revision notes/ look st the specifcstion, do past paper questions, look up mark schemes to see the model answers etc for each subject! You might think you know what you want to do now but you may change your mind and if you don't give yourself the opportunity to do well in other subjects your choice will be much more limited! Give yourself the best chance possible of achieving the best grades! Good luck!

This is great advice but I'm revising for 8 GCSE's and there is just 3 im willing to just pass. I want to get A/A* for the first 8.
Reply 9

hardly revised for my GCSEs, i revised for some exams the night before, but not most of them, and I did great (3A*s, 4As and 2Bs). it doesnt prepare you for A Levels though. so i'd say get revising, regardless of the subject.

You could learn 12 GCSEs in 2 weeks and get As and Bs comfortably so no just revise them all.
Original post by homeland.lsw
What would look better?
8 B/As?
3 A*s 5Cs?

Definitely the first one which is what I'm aiming for 8A/A* and possibly 3 passes for the other GCSEs as I'm not in need of them and time is short.
Original post by KBSc
I hardly revised for my GCSEs, i revised for some exams the night before, but not most of them, and I did great (3A*s, 4As and 2Bs). it doesnt prepare you for A Levels though. so i'd say get revising, regardless of the subject.

Thank you very much I'm thinking to revise for 8 Gcse and leave out the other three as I'm sure i wont be doing them for A-LEVEL.
Reply 13
Thank you very much I'm thinking to revise for 8 Gcse and leave out the other three as I'm sure i wont be doing them for A-LEVEL.

what are you planning on studying at A Level? and going to uni to study?
Original post by HotFlash
You could learn 12 GCSEs in 2 weeks and get As and Bs comfortably so no just revise them all.

But I'm a BIG procrastinator it won't help for me to have more GCSEs to stress about when they aren't need right.:frown:
Original post by KBSc
what are you planning on studying at A Level? and going to uni to study?

For A-levels I want to study Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Re

As for university I really would like to do Dentistry:smile:
But I'm a BIG procrastinator it won't help for me to have more GCSEs to stress about when they aren't need right.:frown:

Generally you need A*s and As in all GCSEs to get into a top Uni really.
Original post by HotFlash
Generally you need A*s and As in all GCSEs to get into a top Uni really.

I guess I better start revising then :h:

Quick Reply

Latest