The Student Room Group

Are my A levels sufficient for a business/marketing degree?

I'm currently doing Biology, Geography and Psychology as my A levels.
I also have an AS in English lang + lit.

Are there acceptable for a business degree?

Thanks (:
Original post by TimmyR
I'm currently doing Biology, Geography and Psychology as my A levels.
I also have an AS in English lang + lit.

Are there acceptable for a business degree?

Thanks (:

After a quick ucas search, i think they will be acceptable for many universities :smile:
Generally, yes they are fine. Obviously you won't be able to apply for a degree which specifically asks for maths or economics - but most business degrees don't.

Ugh claire again!
Reply 3
Thanks for the feedback. Well I'm looking at a course at University of Birmingham, Biosciences with Business Management. It entails a kind of 'major minor' American-style joint degree thing with 2/3 bio and 1/3 business. There's two pathways, molecular biology and environmental biology. I can't do the molecular bio route as I'm not doing chemistry (literally dropped that within weeks, kind of regret it) and they require chem for that route, but the enviro pathway just requires biology A level.

Is there a lot of math in management? What's the difference with marketing, because I'm sure marketing is less numerical right.

I've looked at the A level requirements for the course and the A levels I'm doing are specified as subjects so I should be good with that, just hope they don't reject me because I'm not doing chemistry. I looked at a few modules I'd pick and they don't seem very chem-related at all.

The grades required are AAA but I'm predicted AAC. If I get AAB (probably unlikely) would they still accept me?
I looked at whatuni and which etc and the typical offer on there for the course listed AAB, which is confusing, but the second most popular subject taken was chemistry for those on the course :/ Should I post this in the bio forum?

I've searched quite a lot for degrees which are bio-related combined with business and can't find much. I've found Leeds does biology with enterprise or something. Definitely can't find any with marketing and bio. Which business degrees would be the most maths ---> to least maths?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending