The Student Room Group

Why do people think Muslim's don't do enough against ISIS?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frank Underwood
And the mayor of Tower Hamlets is white, but this person is blaming the Muslim population

-_-

He was Muslim but was removed for office for large scale corruption and voting fraud

'
The mayor of a diverse London borough was stripped of his office after a judge found he had committed multiple electoral fraud and corruption offences in a political career defined by playing the “race card” to secure power.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tower-hamlets-mayor-lutfur-rahman-found-guilty-of-election-corruption-and-barred-from-office-10198149.html

The full Judgement against him

http://www.conservativehome.com/localgovernment/2015/04/the-full-judgement-on-lutfur-rahmans-corrupt-tower-hamlets-mayoralty.html

More details (and not a single daily mail link)

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/davehillblog/2015/jun/10/tower-hamlets-the-rise-and-fall-lutfur-rahman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/local-elections/11207299/Tower-Hamlets-damning-report-lays-bare-cronyism-and-misuse-of-public-money.html

http://www.standpointmag.co.uk/features-june-2015-john-ware-rotten-borough-lutfur-rahman-tower-hamlets

I can't believe you are ignorant of the facts (and given you have a computer and google I can't believe it is ignorance)
Original post by BaconandSauce
He was Muslim but was removed for office for large scale corruption and voting fraud

'
The mayor of a diverse London borough was stripped of his office after a judge found he had committed multiple electoral fraud and corruption offences in a political career defined by playing the “race card” to secure power.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tower-hamlets-mayor-lutfur-rahman-found-guilty-of-election-corruption-and-barred-from-office-10198149.html

The full Judgement against him

http://www.conservativehome.com/localgovernment/2015/04/the-full-judgement-on-lutfur-rahmans-corrupt-tower-hamlets-mayoralty.html

More details (and not a single daily mail link)

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/davehillblog/2015/jun/10/tower-hamlets-the-rise-and-fall-lutfur-rahman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/local-elections/11207299/Tower-Hamlets-damning-report-lays-bare-cronyism-and-misuse-of-public-money.html

http://www.standpointmag.co.uk/features-june-2015-john-ware-rotten-borough-lutfur-rahman-tower-hamlets

I can't believe you are ignorant of the facts (and given you have a computer and google I can't believe it is ignorance)

In other words, you haven't changed and I'll keep you on block.

One corrupt Muslim mayor does not mean 38% of Muslims in a borough are corrupt, why is it so hard to nail that into your head?
(edited 8 years ago)
In other words, you haven't changed and I'll keep you on block.

I've just given you a few facts to help correct your mistake and your response it to stick your fingers in your ears and go lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Real mature Frank.
Original post by BaconandSauce
I've just given you a few facts to help correct your mistake and your response it to stick your fingers in your ears and go lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Real mature Frank.

I made no mistake, the current mayor is white and non-muslim, yet it is according to you and good bloke *present tense* the most corrupt borough in the UK.

But both you and him attribute it to the 38% Muslim population - the majority of whom have no say in how it is governed. Just because there was one corrupt Muslim mayor, it does not mean that the entire Muslim population is corrupt, just as how ISIS do not speak for the entirety of Islam
Original post by mkap
its not like we can all hold hands and go to Syria and knock em all out.

Why not? This has often been done about similar disagreements. Except with swords and bows and guns rather than knocking them out. Intra-religious crusade and all that.
I made no mistake, the current mayor is white and non-muslim, yet it is according to you and good bloke *present tense* the most corrupt borough in the UK.

But both you and him attribute it to the 38% Muslim population - the majority of whom have no say in how it is governed. Just because there was one corrupt Muslim mayor, it does not mean that the entire Muslim population is corrupt, just as how ISIS do not speak for the entirety of Islam

So you are not going to bother reading the facts I posted including the Judgement from the UK courts regarding this case

Fair enough

One corrupt Muslim does not mean 1.6 billion Muslims are corrupt, why is it so hard to nail that into your head?

I don't think anyone has claimed that all Moslems are corrupt. On the contrary, you have made the preposterous claim that no Moslems are anything but reasonable.

The world has changed, Muslims have moved on and 1.6 billion of them are reasonable people and follow Islam while exercising its compatibility with the modern world.

Remember? Of course, you have now contradicted yourself by claiming that the entire government of Saudi Arabia is corrupt, which is why you didn't mention it. I despair, I really do. That smacks of rather a lot of unreasonable Moslems, doesn't it?

For myself, I was responding to your equally silly implication that Islam is not key to Middle Eastern society in modern times. It obviously still is key in pretty well all such countries.

1.5 millennia ago, which is justifiable since Muslim was core to society in the Middle East, an opposer of Islam was an opposer of what many people considered society back then

Remember?

You sought to justify the Koranic violence by claiming Islam was key and defending it was justified. Well, nothing has changed in those places, has it? Islam is deeply embedded in society and laws.

So, in this one thread we have had a Moslem claim there is no violence in the Koran, and an apologist claim the violence in the Koran is justified.

Does that help to answer your original question OP?
Original post by Good bloke
I don't think anyone has claimed that all Moslems are corrupt. On the contrary, you have made the preposterous claim that no Moslems are anything but reasonable.

The world has changed, Muslims have moved on and 1.6 billion of them are reasonable people and follow Islam while exercising its compatibility with the modern world.

Remember? Of course, you have now contradicted yourself by claiming that the entire government of Saudi Arabia is corrupt, which is why you didn't mention it. I despair, I really do. That smacks of rather a lot of unreasonable Moslems, doesn't it?

For myself, I was responding to your equally silly implication that Islam is not key to Middle Eastern society in modern times. It obviously still is key in pretty well all such countries.

1.5 millennia ago, which is justifiable since Muslim was core to society in the Middle East, an opposer of Islam was an opposer of what many people considered society back then

Remember?

You sought to justify the Koranic violence by claiming Islam was key and defending it was justified. Well, nothing has changed in those places, has it? Islam is deeply embedded in society and laws.

So, in this one thread we have had a Moslem claim there is no violence in the Koran, and an apologist claim the violence in the Koran is justified.

Does that help to answer your original question OP?

I can play the same game as you too buddy.

No one said all Muslims are not corrupt, I did however claim that the vast majority are good, reasonable people.

No one claimed that the entire Saudi government is corrupt either, I did however imply that some of its leaders are corrupt.

No one claimed that Islam isn't key to the Middle East, I did however say that it was by comparison, less 'key' than in the past, back when society depended much more on religion.

No one claimed that all violence in the Quran is justified, I did however suggest that violence against apostates can be justified, given that opposing Islam was essentially opposing everything that some people in the Middle East believed to be true. It's similar to a dictator trying to take over a democratic country, they fundamentally oppose the ideology and therefore they oppose the government.

But you're not going to read any of this, are you?

Keep spamming 'Islam apologist', but you're the hate speech apologist. You are defending people who bash on Muslims and Islam for its ancient tenets, and you are attacking Islam for the corruption of a limited number of governments - which is absurd given that there are many perfectly democratic Muslim governments out there.

Quit overcomplicating the matter and twisting my words, you're not attacking my argument because you realise that you're incorrect - so instead you make a pathetic attempt to make me look like I'm contradicting myself. Grow up and accept that just because someone doesn't think that Islam is evil, they aren't apologists.
I can play the same game as you too buddy.

No one said all Muslims are not corrupt, I did however claim that the vast majority are good, reasonable people. No. Show me those words, or the equivalent, in your posts.

No one claimed that the entire Saudi government is corrupt either, I did however imply that some of its leaders are corrupt.

No one claimed that Islam isn't key to the Middle East, I did however say that it was by comparison, less 'key' than in the past, back when society depended much more on religion.

No one claimed that all violence in the Quran is justified, I did however suggest that violence against apostates can be justified, given that opposing Islam was essentially opposing everything that some people in the Middle East believed to be true. It's similar to a dictator trying to take over a democratic country, they fundamentally oppose the ideology and therefore they oppose the government. This is still the case, of course, to some people. You are , therefore, justifying modern murder of apostates.

But you're not going to read any of this, are you?

Read. You seem to keep ignoring salient points. I wonder why.
Original post by Good bloke
Read. You seem to keep ignoring salient points. I wonder why.

Big words from someone who types 'Moselms' deliberately to get a negative reaction from people here.
Moderate Muslims need to start condemning those terrorists. I mean it's true that those terrorists are killing moderate Muslims everyday and if a moderate Muslim in the countries where those terrorist exist say something they will be blown to pieces, it's true that moderate Muslim countries like Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Turkey and Libya are fighting ISIS on a daily basis, giving up more troops and money than the west does to fend this evil. It's true that more "Moderate Muslims" are being killed by ISIS than Europeans, but those powerless moderate Muslims in the West should do something! ! !
Reply 171
Original post by mkap
Seriously why do people don't think Muslims don't do enough about ISIS? you just think that we sit back and watch the news and agree with ISIS 100%. well guess what we don't.

this made me laugh so much.
Reply 172
Original post by d1ck
this made me laugh so much.

u no its true fam :five:
Reply 174
Original post by d1ck
lol yh would be funny if that actually happened

*sees ISIS on TV* : this breaks out:

Spoiler

:lolwut: that was 3:21 of my life al never get back.

Spoiler

Reply 175
Original post by mkap
:lolwut: that was 3:21 of my life al never get back.

Spoiler

omg did you actually watch the whole thing, lol at them exchanging kisses at the end that was some serious bonding session.

Spoiler

Original post by oShahpo
it's true that moderate Muslim countries like Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Turkey and Libya are fighting ISIS on a daily basis, giving up more troops and money than the west does to fend this evil.

This seems to be a popular jeer in certain circles, but I think it should be pointed out in reply that it's also true that, if the West were to commit any ground troops to this effort (not including the special forces who already do significant work against the IS in Iraq), the same circles would be crying 'imperialism', 'neocolonialism', and other such insults from the rooftops.
Reply 177
Original post by d1ck
omg did you actually watch the whole thing, lol at them exchanging kisses at the end that was some serious bonding session.

Spoiler

yeah i was wtf is this shiz thats what arabs do not even joking, u should see em here (im in saudi atm) back in the UK in eight weeks today

Spoiler

Reply 178
Original post by mkap
yeah i was wtf is this shiz thats what arabs do not even joking, u should see em here (im in saudi atm) back in the UK in eight weeks today

Spoiler

lol I know that's what they do innit walking down the streets hand in hand, arm in arm n all types.

cool how come you only went for such a short period?
Original post by Hydeman
This seems to be a popular jeer in certain circles, but I think it should be pointed out in reply that it's also true that, if the West were to commit any ground troops to this effort (not including the special forces who already do significant work against the IS in Iraq), the same circles would be crying 'imperialism', 'neocolonialism', and other such insults from the rooftops.

True, I am not blaming the West, I am just saying that it's stupid to say that Moderate Muslims are doing nothing when they're clearly doing more than those who so easily lay the blame do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending