The Student Room Group

Question for the guys

Imagine you have to pick between two girls to date - they're exactly the same, but one's a feminist and one's not. Which would you pick?

As in its exactly same person, but in one universe she's a feminist, and in one she's not.
(edited 8 years ago)
The hottest one
Do you mean they look the same , or they are wearing the same outfit?
Reply 3
Original post by Ayaz789
Do you mean they look the same , or they are wearing the same outfit?

exaclty same person, but in one universe she's a feminist, and in one she's not.
As in just the label? What other differences, on their outlook, etc?

Being a feminist is more than just being a feminist, there are effects on personality as well. Be more specific :P

But if that was all I had to go on, then the one who isn't a feminist.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm not a guy but I guess I would pick the feminist as I'm a feminist? But like people have said, surely her feminism would affect some of her personality leading to the girls being two different people
The most normal one who is as weird as I am.
Going with your scenario then it depends how the feminism manifests itself, it it becomes a constant point of argument, then no thanks.
If she is intelligent knows her own mind and she can express her views well then that makes her more interesting.
if she's hot I don't care what political views she has
Reply 9
The one who isn't a feminist.
If that's literally the only information I had to go on, I'd chose the non-feminist on the off chance the feminist one was a tumblrette radfem
Reply 11
The non-feminist of course
you're going to need to elaborate what you mean by feminist. if they think that men have more rights than women in 2016 then I'll pick the non-feminist simply because she'll have more general respect for me as a male than the feminist. I've been out with two feminists in the past though and it wasn't totally bad - only half of the time. one feminist was so sensitive to my gender-specific jokes that it was like stepping on egg shells - we were playing COD one day and I joked about something like "how is there a woman US soldier here?" and she ****ing paused the game and asked me what I meant, and I replied "women don't fight on the front lines in the US military". with the other feminist, we didn't really talk about feminism because I know how "problematic" that subject can be with "feminists" - when it came up, I just nodded my head and pretended to agree because I knew it might just cause a storm in a teacup. it's funny though because the first night we met she started talking about all these feminist/women's issues, but about 5 minutes later we then ***cked and I didn't directly ask for her consent (*gasp*!)
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't really care if she's hot, i'm not expecting a girl to match my intelligence or surpass it, as long as she isn't nasty and has basic standards she can do or think whatever she wants.
I would rather date a guy than a feminist.
The non feminist, im not really in to stupid people
I don't really get feminism anymore. I understand the original principal, and I've been told so many times to google it... But what are feminists even protesting for these days? Women have votes, equal pay, etc.?

FEM-inism, sounds innately sexist to me any ways.
Original post by sambradley
I don't really get feminism anymore. I understand the original principal, and I've been told so many times to google it... But what are feminists even protesting for these days? Women have votes, equal pay, etc.?

FEM-inism, sounds innately sexist to me any ways.

They want MORE womens rights when we dont even have mens right
non feminist

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending