The Student Room Group

are girls turned off if a guy is polite and mild mannered?

I have heard it is a turn off because the guy is seen as not being confident enough.

By mild mannered I mean, not swearing or "bantering" like some guys do. Insult-banter is considered edgy and cool I guess so many guys who do these things are popular with girls.
Reply 1
I mean, me personally, I do love a guy who has a bit of sarcasm and banter. But I’m fairly sure that this is purely because my personality is the same. I find nice guys no fun because whenever I say a sarcastic comment, they take it so seriously lmfao
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I have heard it is a turn off because the guy is seen as not being confident enough.

By mild mannered I mean, not swearing or "bantering" like some guys do. Insult-banter is considered edgy and cool I guess so many guys who do these things are popular with girls.

It wouldn’t be for me. I don’t like insult-banter but idk if that’s just me
For some girls it's an attraction, yes.

However, what's bound to put people off is repeatedly asking the same question time and time again :wink:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7368548
To save time I'll just say Yes.
Turns me off, I just ain't into guys who are too nice
Reply 6
Depends on the context and type of impressions of himself that the guy gives girls.

If he is boring to listen to/talk with, lives in obvious fear of accidentally saying anything that anybody could disagree with, gives the impression of being very weak or unable to cope with the prospect of some random thin thinned person with alternative beliefs or lifestyle preferences taking offence as soon as they hear him speak.
Guys with the annoying habit of constantly repeating the same questions over and over again until they get the answer that they want to hear are extremely annoying noise nuisances and an automatic turn-off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending