The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Uni Halls - Can Private People 'Survive'?

Will it be suitable for people who don't want to go to parties every night of Fresher's?
(edited 6 years ago)
University is what you make of it.

You are going to university with some 2,000+ first years, some of whom you will be living in close quarters with. These people may or may not throw parties, pull pranks or hold social events in the flat you are in.

If you don't talk to people, it's highly likely they won't talk to you. I'm not going to presume to judge you for why you don't want to make friends but university is pretty much the most social place that you will ever go in your life. If you don't want to make friends, you probably won't. I hope that you do change your mind when you get to university and find at least someone who you become friends with.

Don't join societies if you don't want to meet people because you will make friends.

I hope this helps dude, even though it is 3 months late; I stumbled across the thread. Good luck if you've already signed up to uni bro.
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 2
Original post by bringonthefuture
Will it be suitable for people who don't want to go to parties every night of Fresher's?

Yes it is. I know people who don't drink etc, they stay home with other quiet people that they find.
Reply 3
Either way, it's your choice - no one's forcing you. You'll hear the partying but if you don't want to be a part of it then you don't have to - Simple as.
Reply 4
I grew up in Loughborough and was a member of the SU from 16. I experienced quite a wild view of student life because of this.

When I got to Winchester I found it to be nothing like Loughborough- very quiet, especially in West Downs. Unless it has changed much, I would say anyone wanting the quiet life will do fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending