The Student Room Group

GCSE art help

Hello everyone,
I'm new here so I'm only getting used to how everything works so hopefully it all goes well but I'm looking for some help with my GCSE art, I am doing a human nature project and my second theme under that is escapism I have included one of my passions, skateboarding and I am wondering if anyone knows any artists who draw skateboarders, not designs for skateboard decks or anything like that but artists who draw people skateboarding! All help with finding an artist will be greatly appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ksb6191
Hello everyone,
I'm new here so I'm only getting used to how everything works so hopefully it all goes well but I'm looking for some help with my GCSE art, I am doing a human nature project and my second theme under that is escapism I have included one of my passions, skateboarding and I am wondering if anyone knows any artists who draw skateboarders, not designs for skateboard decks or anything like that but artists who draw people skateboarding! All help with finding an artist will be greatly appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey KSB, welcome to TSR!

One of the hardest things about studying art is finding artists relevant to what you're doing, that's for sure! When I was doing AS, my favourite sites to try were:

It's Nice That
Pinterest
White Cube

Just search 'skateboard', and see if anything comes up!

However, I suspect that your field is too narrow, and that scant few serious artists will have considered this theme in depth, in which case it's probably best to explore your field in a less literal manner. For example, could you consider artists who explore movement (Simon Birch is a really great one), and then take some photos of skateboarders and produce paintings in his style?

I hope this helps a little!
Reply 2
Thank you very much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending