The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Awesome strike from John Fleck for Coventry today.
Original post by Mackay
Two great games tonight - of varying closeness. Awesome free-kick from Snodgrass to win it at the death for Hull, albeit with a huge slice of luck. Wolves were so unlucky. They rebounded well from that early goalkeeping gaffe.

As for Brighton... wow. I don't think they'll get automatic promotion, because I think Burnley and Middlesbrough will be too strong. Great result for them, though.

Ikeme has been great for us, especially last game, but he had a mare then.
We've been sh*t all season, bad injuries have robbed us and the clubs still up for sale. Add that to boring football and a sponsor that no one wants, the fans are growing restless.
Credit to Northampton. Awesome for them to go up given their struggles financially. Wilder has done a terrific job.
Can I officially check in here now
Original post by Mackay
Awesome strike from John Fleck for Coventry today.

Twice in a week I have consigned a game to the dustbin and twice there is egg on my face, not that I am complaining.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rock Fan
Can I officially check in here now

Saw the Football League have followed Aston Villa on Twitter. Ruthless.
Lewis Cook named young footballer of the year.. How he's taken that over Dembelé I don't know, but he joins the likes of Delph, Bale and Alli. Bright future, hopefully.
Original post by Mackay
Saw the Football League have followed Aston Villa on Twitter. Ruthless.

Yeah they weren't hanging about
Andre Gray has been named the Sky Bet Championship Player of the Year at The Football League Awards.

Bradley Dack and Kemar Roofe win the League One and League Two Awards respectively.
What do you guys think of Bradfords chances of promotion ??
So, it's looking like the bottom three in the Championship is nailed on and the bottom two in League Two is assured.

You'd imagine Colchester and Doncaster (despite giving themselves hope against Wigan with that win) will join Crewe in being relegated from League One, with one from Blackpool, Shrewsbury, Oldham and Fleetwood joining them.
I am off to watch Sheffield Wednesday v MK Dons tonight, meanwhile game of the night is surely Burnley v Middlesbrough.
I am off to watch Sheffield Wednesday v MK Dons tonight, meanwhile game of the night is surely Burnley v Middlesbrough.

Burnley v Middlesbrough, and Burton v Wigan. The Football League is really treating us!
2 wins in a row against two top 6 sides. I almost think this team has a cruel sense of humour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The referee seemed absolutely clueless tonight in the Wednesday game, he sent one of their players off for an off the ball incident but it looked to me like the MK Dons player made a meal of it, mind you the draw did no good for them either as it has pretty much relegated them along with Charlton. Cardiff also lost tonight which helps Wednesday. Dagenham have also crashed out the football league.
Original post by The Wavefunction
I just don't see Brighton as a top flight club, same as Bournemouth. Nice story and all, but there's no real history. Can't ever imagine looking at a fixture list and getting excited for Brighton away.

I've been to about 2/3 of the grounds in the Prem & Championship and I'd say it's definitely one of the best
(edited 8 years ago)
The referee seemed absolutely clueless tonight in the Wednesday game, he sent one of their players off for an off the ball incident but it looked to me like the MK Dons player made a meal of it, mind you the draw did no good for them either as it has pretty much relegated them along with Charlton. Cardiff also lost tonight which helps Wednesday. Dagenham have also crashed out the football league.

I was listening to the match via the MK Dons radio stream and even our commentators said it was clearly not a red card and the ref was poor throughout the game.
Charlton and MK Dons will join Bolton in League One, then.

The other end of the table is far more interesting. Two spots between Burnley, Middlesbrough and Brighton. I'd love the latter of the three to go up, but I've been so impressed with Dyche and Karanka. Both of those managers deserve to be in the top flight.
If both Newcastle and Sunderland go down, it's pretty vital that Middlesborough go up IMO. The prem needs at least one north-east club in it.
I'm very interested to see whether Bolton will be pulling off a Wigan or a Blackpool next year, as far as I've looked around on the web, it seems as though they have the money to go straight back up but they probably have to offload some players on ludicrous contracts first.

Also, I have a feeling that Wimbledon could well be a League One club by September... I certainly hope they make it!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest