The Student Room Group

Why having good looks is rated more than a good heart?

Its just sickening to see tbh. I understand that a pleasant face is attractive etc but I've seen so many people who base their judgements on other's looks. Its rather immature and so ignorant. I'm only making this thread because I know a guy who literally judge everyone on their looks and their clothes. Unfortunately, I get to see him everyday and he makes fun of everyone and I cannot stand him.

I feel sad for such people. Looks is temporary guys, hearts stays the same. Yes, attraction in a relationship is crucial but judging some and making fun of them or what they wear is indicative of your own personality, morals, immaturity and values. Such beings need to grow up and fix their minds.

Scroll to see replies

Shallow like my condom bowl
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Shallow like my condom bowl

:lolwut:
Reply 3
Pretty sure you once said that you would never date a man under 6'2?

Just saying. :dontknow:
Because people are fickle too. One minute they love you, the next they don't want to talk to you.

At least looks don't go away until a girl is at least 28, sometimes 30.
Why must you assume that someone with good looks does not have a good heart? There isn't a set distinction.
Reply 6
I can't date someone I don't find attractive so yes it's something j put at the forefront lol
Hard to know somebody's heart on first impression.
Original post by Goaded
I can't date someone I don't find attractive so yes it's something j put at the forefront lol

Omg goaded you're stunning - are you the same goaded that's like one my fans?
Reply 9
Original post by Awesome Genius

Are you the same awesome genius who stopped giving me awards?
Original post by Goaded
Are you the same awesome genius who stopped giving me awards?

Lol you remember that :redface:

she just said she wont date someone unattractive, go away AG
Reply 12
Lol you remember that :redface:

I remember everything:colonhash:
Good looks is an immediate attraction. A good heart is not, very seldom will someone be able to reveal the best of them without exceptional circumstances.

But yes, as most people would probably agree, good looks attract me to get to know their personality to hopefully cement my attraction to them permanently.
I share the sentiment
Girls put standards on boys (even you do OP) and boys put standards on girls.
beauty is only skin deep. it is what is inside a person that matters.
Original post by Goaded
I remember everything:colonhash:

Is that you in that pic?
Reply 18
I don't think this is true. Looks are not generally more important than character for relationships (except to very few men whom you should just ignore). They are just equally important, which is fair enough. Difficult to have a fulfilling sexual relationship with someone you are not attracted to.
Unfortunately people tend to think first with their genitals and then with their brain :tongue: But there are the rare exceptions. I think it takes a lot of maturity, being able to notice and respect a genuinely kind-hearted person whilst totally disregarding their physical appearance.

Quick Reply

Latest