The Student Room Group

Worried about failing dissertation?

I have noticed after completing my dissertation that they are some grammar errors such as repeated sentences, and emphasising words with quotes, to name a few. I'm worried in case I may fail as a result of errors such as this... Its not considered in the marking scheme on the university handbook. I'm still worried however that it may hinder my chances of passing :\ ?
No dont worry. It takes away from the effectiveness, but it wont change the substantive impact of whatever you have writtem Repeated sentences seems a little careless. Didnt you proof it?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
No dont worry. It takes away from the effectiveness, but it wont change the substantive impact of whatever you have writtem Repeated sentences seems a little careless. Didnt you proof it?

I did go over it when I was finished but I was up for a full day almost, exhausted and never properly clicked on to the sentences that I've repeated until looking after :\
Original post by MARTIN.111
I did go over it when I was finished but I was up for a full day almost, exhausted and never properly clicked on to the sentences that I've repeated until looking after :\

Either way dont worry, it sounds like nothing. Were I in your position I would realise nothing can be done and just glad it was handed in.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Either way dont worry, it sounds like nothing. Were I in your position I would realise nothing can be done and just glad it was handed in.

Thanks for the reassurance. I don't find the results for over a month so its going to be hell haha. Always think of the worst just to prepare myself!
Original post by MARTIN.111
Thanks for the reassurance. I don't find the results for over a month so its going to be hell haha. Always think of the worst just to prepare myself!

I wouldnt prepare yourself too much. Not much you cna do. You know whether it was any good or not surely? You know whether you dud the work? get on with your revision.
Reply 6
I think it was one of my best pieces of work... I think it made sense and came very natural to me. I gave my advisor a draft prior to the dissertation and he says it was very interesting, I just hope that he thinks the same for my dis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending