The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
What they'd do only to have made sure Graham Alexander was in charge all season...

Or to have signed JOB at the start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just saw Sergi Canos' goal for Brentford at Dons. Beautiful strike. Get him back, Jurgen.
Original post by Mackay
Just saw Sergi Canos' goal for Brentford at Dons. Beautiful strike. Get him back, Jurgen.

Was this the first goal? It was a sweet strike but from where I was watching it looked like poor positioning from our keeper - should have been savable at that pace.
Original post by alex_hk90
Was this the first goal? It was a sweet strike but from where I was watching it looked like poor positioning from our keeper - should have been savable at that pace.

Yeah the first. Mind you, their third was some strike too.

The keeper got his positioning all wrong for Brentford's fourth. The free-kick should never have crept in from that distance.
Original post by Mackay
Yeah the first. Mind you, their third was some strike too.

The keeper got his positioning all wrong for Brentford's fourth. The free-kick should never have crept in from that distance.

Yeah both our backup keepers had a poor game - our number 2 keeper started and was subbed at half time for our number 3, who was no better. Our number 1 (David Martin) has been out injured for a while. :sigh:
Goodbye Graham Westley. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.
Original post by Mackay
Goodbye Graham Westley. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

I genuinely thought he had passed away based on this comment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
I genuinely thought he had passed away based on this comment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Keen goes from Colchester. Dropping like flies in League One.
Original post by Mackay
Keen goes from Colchester. Dropping like flies in League One.

There are a lot of people calling for Mowbray to walk after monumentally choking this season. I think that's a bit rash, but he has to show me that he knows why it went so tits up and how he's going to prevent it next time.
Good win for Hull today - but it would've been more comfortable if they'd dispatched the penalty, and the protests weren't ongoing.
It's been a while since I've been on here. picked a good season to be away for as a Wolves fan!

Boro bottling it again, what do we think??
Middlesbrough were robbed, that 3rd goal was way onside.
Reply 5592
Boro fan here. Absolutely disgusted by that linesman, but we should be beating teams like Birmingham anyway if we've got any aspirations of becoming a secure premier league side again. Still not good enough when it comes to taking our chances, Rhodes has improved that but still seems a bit hit-and-miss. I'm starting to worry whether we can go up; I'm not sure we'll beat Brighton next Saturday... but if we can't get promoted with the squad we've got then we don't really deserve to imo.
All things being equal we could finish just one point off the play offs at the end of the season. 'What might have been' seems quite apt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1-1 in Brighton Derby game. Draw for Boro next week and we are up. Its going to be a tense game.
Burnley back to the premier league as it stands
I thought we deserved to beat Brighton today, they got lucky in the last minute. But at this stage performances matter more than the result. Will Hughes was outstanding.
If I had to guess, I'd say that Burnley & Boro are going up via the autos while it'll be a Derby Vs Brighton match at Wembley.
Congratulations to Burnley on your return to the Premier League!

Hoping Brighton can pull off something special away at Middlesborough but I'm fairly sure they'll have to make it through the play offs if they are to go up now.
Congratulations Burnley - and congratulations, too, to Wigan. They've done well to bounce back to the Championship at the first time of asking.
Original post by Mackay
Congratulations Burnley - and congratulations, too, to Wigan. They've done well to bounce back to the Championship at the first time of asking.

Yes having more money to spend than the rest of the league had nothing to do with it. £16m in parachute money alone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest