The Student Room Group

I need to earn £1,000?!

I am responsible for someone who needs £1,000 worth of medical treatment. This was an unforeseen circumstance, and I'm pretty beat up over it.

Currently taking my A levels to get into uni, combined with the care for said person so don't have time right now for a job, but getting a job again is my priority in summer.

I'm afraid the money cannot wait til then though - what can I do to earn £1,000 in a relatively short space of time? I'm willing to do pretty much anything (anyone need a kidney?!) including the *unconventional*.
what about setting up a just giving page?
Bank of mum and dad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Han-
I am responsible for someone who needs £1,000 worth of medical treatment. This was an unforeseen circumstance, and I'm pretty beat up over it.

Currently taking my A levels to get into uni, combined with the care for said person so don't have time right now for a job, but getting a job again is my priority in summer.

I'm afraid the money cannot wait til then though - what can I do to earn £1,000 in a relatively short space of time? I'm willing to do pretty much anything (anyone need a kidney?!) including the *unconventional*.

if you have nothing (literally £0)
you can go and ask people for scrap copper, brass, aluminium, stainless steel and lead it dirty work and won't be easy or fast but it is dependable

if you have a small amount(£50-£100)
look on amazon or ebay for cheap jewellery and job lots bulk buy then resell closer to market value after splitting

if you have a modest sum(£500)
you at buying precious scrap and fashion watches it's far cleaner and is faster than the other methods as if you stick to stamped metal you can flip it to a jewellery store for a mark up or resell individually
Reply 4
Matched Betting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Work for me OP, and you can earn that in 2 weeks (you wont need to violate your rights, I like to present people with equal opportunities)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Han-
I'm willing to do pretty much anything (anyone need a kidney?!) including the *unconventional*.

You mean...
Are you a registered carer or guardian? If so you may be eligible for financial support.
Reply 8
Personal ad on craigslist....
Reply 9
Original post by Inazuma
Personal ad on craigslist....

"Young girl ready to do anything for £1,000."
sugar daddy

bank loan

fundraising page

best solution: fundraising page. if you have a good group of friends and spread word about it well you should be able to raise at least a couple £00s.
Reply 11
Thanks all, few things worth thinking about here :smile:

Original post by Josb
You mean...

I mean....

Original post by ripjonsnow
Work for me OP, and you can earn that in 2 weeks (you wont need to violate your rights, I like to present people with equal opportunities)

What exactly are you suggesting jon snow? :tongue:
Original post by Squirb
Matched Betting

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ditto:

Good way to make a few hundred pounds, risk free. Read up on it.

Also:

- Sell stuff you don't need (spare laptop/ipod/video games, etc.)
- Advertise your skills and services - manual labour type jobs are always good. Good at painting a fence? Mowing a lawn?

Really though, the fastest way is probably the procuring and distributing of narcotics - though you don't want to go down that route.
Move to a country with single payer healthcare :yy:
Reply 14
Original post by Han-

You're ready to sell yourself for someone else?
Original post by Han-

I mean....

What exactly are you suggesting jon snow? :tongue:

Work for me online, write me content, and Ill give you money.
ill train you first.
sell your body for a night or two
Reply 17
get in a car accident and claim compensation
Webcamming. I will be the first to donate?
Reply 19
Sorry to hear that. If you're 18 and over you could try a loan but I'm not sure if that's feasible as you're not working. Avoid loan sharks at all costs! I'm guessing whoever is in need of treatment isn't covered by the NHS? Either way a part time job is the more plausible and legal option and it most definitely can be done if you balance things right. Wish you the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending