The Student Room Group

Ngdp lga 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 140895
Does anyone know how they decide who to give the interviews to if lots of people apply to the same places? I didn't get my top choice so was just wondering how they sort that out.

I Believe I read somewhere that it is based on how well you did at the interview stage but i might just be making that up.
Reply 341
I still haven't heard anything. No emails on the NDGP website. Kind of worried now. Especially as i applied for Chester and everyone else heard on weds!
Reply 342
Original post by notsogeekygeek
I Believe I read somewhere that it is based on how well you did at the interview stage but i might just be making that up.

Ah so the people with the highest scores from the assessment days are more likely to get their top choices? That makes sense but it's very disappointing!
Reply 343
Original post by hrwry
I still haven't heard anything. No emails on the NDGP website. Kind of worried now. Especially as i applied for Chester and everyone else heard on weds!

Are you checking your normal emails too? That's how I found out.
Reply 344
Original post by 140895
Are you checking your normal emails too? That's how I found out.

for some reason the NGDP do not send emails to my normal email address!!
Reply 345
Original post by hrwry

Has it shown up on your NDGP website?
Reply 346
Original post by hrwry

Oh the emails about the interviews aren't going to my NGDP account, only my normal one so you should probably email them to find out what's going on!
Reply 347
Original post by 140895
Oh the emails about the interviews aren't going to my NGDP account, only my normal one so you should probably email them to find out what's going on!

Thanks! I rang them - theyd inputted my email wrongly -.-
Reply 348
Original post by hrwry
Thanks! I rang them - theyd inputted my email wrongly -.-

haha no worries! Hope you got the ones you wanted.
how many interviews is it we are guaranteed 2 or 3?
Reply 350
Number of interviews per candidate Number of candidates Percentage of candidates

Four (or more) 38 - 30.2%

Three 74 - 58.7%

Two 13 - 10.3%

One 1- 0.8%

None 0 0.0%
Anyone heard about Sheffield/York?
Original post by k1995c
Anyone heard about Sheffield/York?

Hey, yeah, I got an interviews with both of these
anyone herd from Reading?
Reply 354
Has anyone heard from a central London council?
Reply 355
Also, email I got at 3pm today from Emilia says: Please note information about other interviews will be released over this week so please do not contact me with any questions about other interviews until early next week when all information has been distributed. I appreciate your patience at this time.
So exciting! I’ve got Gloucestershire and Cornwall so far. Glos was my first choice, and I’ve got three exams in the same weeks as my interviews, so I’m kind of hoping that’ll be it for me!

Re the selection: As far as I understood from chatting to people at the assessment day, it’s a matching exercise, trying to arrange 1st/2nd/3rd choices to as many people as possible... I’d be surprised if they did it on ‘scores’ at this stage, since they won’t be sending scores to Councils, and as we’ve all passed a certain threshold.
Anyone heard from Islington?
Original post by rajakumarr
Anyone heard from Islington?

A friend from the assessment centre had an interview invite from Islington around lunchtime today.
Original post by cchanuk
A friend from the assessment centre had an interview invite from Islington around lunchtime today.

ah that's a shame, i was really interested in Islington! do we know if all invites have now gone out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending