Original post by raju.motors.
loool ur too funny x

i will be ur ashiki if u like ;P

whatever problem u face i will be here for u x

Looks like he got banned before he could be my ashiki :rofl:
Reply 1701
Original post by Eternalflames
Looks like he got banned before he could be my ashiki :rofl:

Fikar not, he'll be back as something else just to sweep you off your feet :rofl:
Original post by nucdev
Fikar not, he'll be back as something else just to sweep you off your feet :rofl:

.raju.motors.2 :rofl:
Original post by Eternalflames
.raju.motors.2 :rofl:

:toofunny:
Reply 1704
OK, so as you guys can probably see, I've recently been made the OP of this thread by the CT.

The introduction of this thread is rather unappealing and uninformative; so taking inspiration from our sisters and brothers on the Sikh Soc (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1676154), who have made a fantastic and inviting first post, I wanted your ideas on what could be included on the Hindu Soc one.

Inviting Hindus and non-Hindus alike to shoot out some ideas.
:smile:

(Tagging some previous contributors and members as well)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nucdev
OK, so as you guys can probably see, I've recently been made the OP of this thread by the CT.

The introduction of this thread is rather unappealing and uninformative; so taking inspiration from our sisters and brothers on the Sikh Soc (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1676154), who have made a fantastic and inviting first post, I wanted your ideas on what could be included on the Hindu Soc one.

Obv with any shubh kaam we shoud start off with the Gayatri Mantra :smile:

And maybe links/videos as to the basics of Hindu Dharma and its core principles
Original post by sachinisgod
Obv with any shubh kaam we shoud start off with the Gayatri Mantra :smile:

Yes of course!
Helloo! The aarti becuase it's beautiful :love:
How did the dunya begin in the Hindu belief? :smile:
Original post by champ_mc99
How did the dunya begin in the Hindu belief? :smile:

you know the big bang? that was me doing a padh :fart:
you know the big bang? that was me doing a padh :fart:

Oh right. Same thing then. :tongue:
Original post by nucdev

Def agree with Gayatri Mantra as suggested by someone else, and maybe a Ganesh mantra but not sure if other paths also do this!

Maybe a quick para explaining how Santana Dharma is different from Abrahamic religions since that comes up a lot and the different paths that Hindus can follow eg ritualistic worship or being monotheistic or polytheistic or the inbetweens. Not sure how we could condense it but maybe link posts you've made before? :smile:

A link to videos/website about Hinduism could be useful and
A link to the scriptures- probably the Bhagvad Gita as its the most condensed :tongue: Not sure if you can find the Vedas/Upanishads online
I agree with Poooky and Sachinisgod.

I'll be posting our Bhajans here now :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
What is a good resource to use to be introduced to the core concepts of Hinduism?
Reply 1714
x

cupcakes87
:love:

Original post by Poooky
x

Great ideas everyone. Ill start getting something done when im on my laptop later today or tomorrow.

Keep 'em coming!

Original post by hezzlington
What is a good resource to use to be introduced to the core concepts of Hinduism?

The Bhagavad Gita is a pretty good starting point since its an excellent consolidation of the spiritual teachings into one concise book.
Ill add an online version of it that i use to the OP later.
Original post by nucdev

Maybe explain the key core beleifs that's are common amongst most different groups in Hinduism, and explain the diversity within it.
It's almost as if a path in Hinduism is suitable for anyone - which could be quite attractive.
Original post by nucdev

how bout Ramayana and Mahabharat :smile:
Definitely agree with the Mahabharat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have some verses from the Gita?
Different festivals?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nucdev

How about some resources on the six schools of Hindu philosophy? You could put the links in spoilers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending