The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Guidolin has done really well, to be honest. The thing that has really undermined Swansea this season has been a lack of goals from their front men. They are too reliant on set-pieces, especially from Sigurdsson. I think Paloschi will be a really good signing when he is given a full pre-season and given time to bed in.

I think Guidolin will leave, but he has done really well adapting to the PL when many a coach of similar reputation in the past - Magath and Mel - have struggled.

Agree with this, West Brom under Pepe Mel were really poor and deserved to be relegated, can't believe they sacked Steve Clarke for him.
Swansea were foolish to think Gomis would fill Bony's shoes, he had a massive goal drought in the middle third of the season and Paloschi and Barrow have been settling in to the PL. Plenty of decent strikers (for Swansea) available in the summer though and they'll have the money to spend (from their prospective new shareholders, TV deal, Bony and Shelvey transfer fee).
Original post by Hugs31
Agree with this, West Brom under Pepe Mel were really poor and deserved to be relegated, can't believe they sacked Steve Clarke for him.
Swansea were foolish to think Gomis would fill Bony's shoes, he had a massive goal drought in the middle third of the season and Paloschi and Barrow have been settling in to the PL. Plenty of decent strikers (for Swansea) available in the summer though and they'll have the money to spend (from their prospective new shareholders, TV deal, Bony and Shelvey transfer fee).

To be honest, they'd do a lot worse than going after somebody like Jordan Rhodes. Granted, they may struggle to prize him away from Middlesbrough considering he's new there and they are PL-bound, but he's the type of player they need.

I'm shocked at how old Gomis is. He's not going to get any better.
I ****ing love this. :lol:
Ward out for the rest of the season with knee injury.
Original post by The.Joker
I ****ing love this. :lol:

PRSOM :biggrin:.

Also, shame about Ward. I was hoping he could get a few games in before the end of the season :/.
Real shame about Ward.

By the way, the club is urging fans without tickets not to travel to Basel - despite Klopp's comments a few days ago: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/220283-uefa-europa-league-final-important-fan-information
That shove in the box from Moreno was ****ing retarded
Original post by Feel No Ways

Daft Albie will always have brain fart moments.
Original post by Feel No Ways

Same old **** from Moreno, we need a defensively solid LB.
Mignolet, Flanagan, Skrtel, Lucas, Moreno, Allen, Stewart, Ibe, Ojo, Coutinho, Benteke.

Subs: Bogdan, Toure, Firmino, Sturridge, Brannagan, Randall, Chirivella.

Lucas captain.
(edited 7 years ago)
Soton's victory has made things difficult.

If we win both our games in hand we can go 1 point ahead of them with a similar GD, however it's looking increasingly likely that we're either gonna have CL or nothing next season.
Hey, anyone else in the same boat here?
My boyfriend is going to see liverpool for the first time on Sunday in west brom and he's bummed out because he won't be seeing the "proper" team, but at the same time, he's super pumped for the fact that they'll be playing a more important match. He's super excited though. Who else is going?
Original post by Lúcio
Soton's victory has made things difficult.

If we win both our games in hand we can go 1 point ahead of them with a similar GD, however it's looking increasingly likely that we're either gonna have CL or nothing next season.

If we aren't in europe next season then it means the team can focus on winning the league like the 13-14 season. Obviously the youngsters will get less of a look in but it's not too bad all things considered.
Original post by Mackay
Daft Albie will always have brain fart moments.

Albie is as unacceptable as Milly
Original post by The.Joker
Same old **** from Moreno, we need a defensively solid LB.

Klopp will get one in the summer.
Lol Skirtle and Lucas at CB, Igalo and Deeney are going to have a field day.
Allen 1-0!
Really really nice to see Allen score after his performances this season.

Benteke doing what he does best and cushioning the header down and providing a nice assist.
I'm loving Joe Allen's man-bun today. xD
Outstanding save Mignolet.

He's doing himself no harm whatsoever in these final games of the season.
Maybe somebody will come in for him? :colondollar:
2-0 Firmino needed that.

Latest