The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
So, all eyes on League One today. Barnsley and Scunthorpe are contesting the final play-off spot, and Fleetwood/Blackpool are vying for survival.

Barnsley playing against already champions Wigan. As long as they win, they'll get the final play off place unless Scunthorpe batter Sheffield United.

Would be an amazing story after spending the majority of the season in the relegation zone...
Original post by Lúcio
Barnsley playing against already champions Wigan. As long as they win, they'll get the final play off place unless Scunthorpe batter Sheffield United.

Would be an amazing story after spending the majority of the season in the relegation zone...

I think Scunthorpe will do it.
What the **** Huddersfield?! 1-5 to Brentford AT HOME?! DIABOLICAL AND SHAMBOLIC. NO PASSION, NO COMMITMENT, NO PRIDE. SHOCKING AND EMBARRASSING.
Blistering start for Fleetwood as they look to survive. 2-0 up already against Crewe.
Wigan will beat Barnsley, down to Scunny holding their nerve me thinks.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Wigan will beat Barnsley, down to Scunny holding their nerve me thinks.

Barnsley are 2-1 up at HT so who knows?
Well, well, well. Peterborough equalise against Blackpool - and it looks like they'll going down to League Two. Back-to-back relegations. Horrible.
As it stands:

Wigan 1-3 Barnsley
Sheff Utd 0-2 Scunthorpe

Really unfortunate for Scunthorpe to miss out on GD if results stay as they are, but massive credit to Barnsley if they get play offs.

EDIT: 4-1 Barnsley. It's over - I don't know how they did it but they got play offs.
(edited 7 years ago)
So, play-offs:

Championship
Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton
Derby County v Hull

League One
Barnsley v Walsall
Bradford City v Millwall

League Two
Portsmouth v Plymouth
Accrington Stanley v AFC Wimbledon
Blackpool, Doncaster and Portsmouth.
Championship in 2011-12.
League Two in 2016-17.*
who is buzzing for the gas in League One next season then??
Blackpool were Premier League in 2010/11
Original post by Rock Fan

Yeah that club really needs sorting out
We end up 5 points off the play offs. Really is quite hard to take to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sam.jenko

Unless they get rid of that owner they will keep falling, the owner is a right crook and makes a mockery of the fit for persons test.
Congratulations to Burton! It'll be good to see them in the Championship next season & I hope they can stick it out.

Original post by sam.jenko

Unless they get rid of that owner they will keep falling, the owner is a right crook and makes a mockery of the fit for persons test.

Owen Oyston is a convicted criminal. He should not be allowed anywhere near a football club.
Original post by Midlander
We end up 5 points off the play offs. Really is quite hard to take to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

8th place but the post xmas slump as cost ccfc dearly. I thought they were going to make the playoffs, there was a four match losing streak in the middle of it.
Three relegation in five seasons for Blackpool.
Original post by Icecream1
8th place but the post xmas slump as cost ccfc dearly. I thought they were going to make the playoffs, there was a four match losing streak in the middle of it.

Had that not happened who knows where we would have finished. Fingers crossed we get another crack at it next year, because it really doesn't take much to go up from this league.

Quick Reply

Latest