The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Computer Science offer holders chat

Yoo

just wanted to get an idea of how many people on here have offers for computer science? whether it be with digital media, or artificial intelligence etc. Also say which accommodation you're hoping to grab and what you're looking forward to about Sussex.

Hopefully it'll make things a little easier when we start in September.

I'll go first...
I'm studying computer science with artificial intelligence (after changing from the regular course), at first I really wanted an en suite room, but after visiting a couple of my friends at various uni's I've come to the conclusion that shared bathroom accommodation is just a lot more social. I don't know why, but it is what it is, so really I'm hoping I can get brighthelm or eastslope (if I get eastslope my account is gone be BOOMIN). I've visited Sussex a couple times, and I can say the social side on campus (especially with Brighton just around the corner) and night life are really really good. So I'm really looking forward to just living in Brighton. and obviously comp is dope so that too.

what about you guys???
Reply 1
I applied for Sussex comp sci but I'm not 100% sure about taking it. What's your reasonings behind picking it over other choices?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
I've applied for a computer science and digital media but i got an offer for a foundation year in computer science. i'm hoping to get an accommodation in brighthelm and i'm not sure about the others so i'm just going to read what different people say about the different accommodation before i pick my second choice but i defiantly want to go to brighthelm as my first choice. i'm really excited in making new friends and actually experiencing the student life
Reply 3
Original post by Dnaap
I applied for Sussex comp sci but I'm not 100% sure about taking it. What's your reasonings behind picking it over other choices?

A big thing for me is where I'm going to be spending my next 3+ years, I've been to Brighton before and to the Sussex and I really do love it. I also like the look of the modules on the comp with artificial intelligence course, as well as some of the placement opportunities I've heard about. I know it doesn't rank amazingly, but I've come to realise that rankings really aren't that important, it's more about enjoying your course and feeling comfortable and happy with where you're living/studying.
Reply 4
Original post by kasumikat
I've applied for a computer science and digital media but i got an offer for a foundation year in computer science. i'm hoping to get an accommodation in brighthelm and i'm not sure about the others so i'm just going to read what different people say about the different accommodation before i pick my second choice but i defiantly want to go to brighthelm as my first choice. i'm really excited in making new friends and actually experiencing the student life

Yh I put brighthelm as my first, and lewes court second, I'd be over the moon to receive either of these two. I've been to the susses campus already, and from what I've seen/heard they look like they'd be the best combination of comfort and social life.
But yh, I too am really excited to just get into tha student life, and a few of my friends go to Sussex and they've literally had nothing but praise for the student life at Sussex/Brighton.
Reply 5
Studying foundation year computer science @ Sussex, hoping to get in to park houses, which i heard is on the sociable side, and decent facilities that are clean.
Original post by ludd-sama
Yh I put brighthelm as my first, and lewes court second, I'd be over the moon to receive either of these two. I've been to the susses campus already, and from what I've seen/heard they look like they'd be the best combination of comfort and social life.
But yh, I too am really excited to just get into tha student life, and a few of my friends go to Sussex and they've literally had nothing but praise for the student life at Sussex/Brighton.

did you pick Lewes Court phase 1 or phase 2 because i still havent confirmed my accomodation yet
Reply 7
did you pick Lewes Court phase 1 or phase 2 because i still havent confirmed my accomodation yet

I put phase 1, I've heard shared bathroom accommodation tend to be more social.
I put phase 1, I've heard shared bathroom accommodation tend to be more social.

yeah that's exactly what i heard too and i like the look of it during the open day and checking the videos. im just not sure if i should swap it to make park house my second Choice or if i should stick with Lewes Court phase 1, what do you think?

(also i've noticed that there isnt many computer science applicants, or it might be just me not looking in the right places)
Reply 9
yeah that's exactly what i heard too and i like the look of it during the open day and checking the videos. im just not sure if i should swap it to make park house my second Choice or if i should stick with Lewes Court phase 1, what do you think?

(also i've noticed that there isnt many computer science applicants, or it might be just me not looking in the right places)

I think I put park houses 3rd, I might switch it to 2nd tbh. Originally I put brighthelm first, but I switched it around because I heard quite a few postgrad students get put there, and I'd rather be in a totally undergrad flat for obvious reasons, so if you picked brighthelm you might wanna consider that.

I think it's either the Sussex applicant side of the forum just isn't that active, or maybe there aren't any applicants. But yeah I know what you mean, I've seen a lot of people doing international development, journalism and subjects like that. But not all that many for Comp.
I think I put park houses 3rd, I might switch it to 2nd tbh. Originally I put brighthelm first, but I switched it around because I heard quite a few postgrad students get put there, and I'd rather be in a totally undergrad flat for obvious reasons, so if you picked brighthelm you might wanna consider that.

I think it's either the Sussex applicant side of the forum just isn't that active, or maybe there aren't any applicants. But yeah I know what you mean, I've seen a lot of people doing international development, journalism and subjects like that. But not all that many for Comp.

wait so what is your first choice then? :O also did you ever consider stammer court, Park village or East slope?

yeah that makes sense i guess, i still wish i could go to an applicant day so i can see who might be my classmates (im kinda worried about being the only girl, but im okay with that too XD i get along with guys much better than girls). i should really focus on getting that B grade in Maths... @_@
Reply 11
wait so what is your first choice then? :O also did you ever consider stammer court, Park village or East slope?

yeah that makes sense i guess, i still wish i could go to an applicant day so i can see who might be my classmates (im kinda worried about being the only girl, but im okay with that too XD i get along with guys much better than girls). i should really focus on getting that B grade in Maths... @_@

Lol, yh I'm just realising how unclear what I said was.

1:Lewes Court 1
2:Brighthelm
3:Park Houses
(considering switching 2 and 3 around)

I put eastslope somewhere, not sure where though. I feel like staying there would be an experience that I may one day appreciate so I'm not completely against living there. It really is like the favelas though.
Park Village and Stanmer I stayed the hell away from, Park village is like a less social eastslope from what I've heard and stanmer court is basically off-campus, like right next to Brighton accommodation.

Yeah I actually haven't been to one open day or applicant day, everything I know about the uni is word of mouth from current students and spending a few nights there. xD And yeah LOL, I'm working on that B grade too.
Lol, yh I'm just realising how unclear what I said was.

1:Lewes Court 1
2:Brighthelm
3:Park Houses
(considering switching 2 and 3 around)

I put eastslope somewhere, not sure where though. I feel like staying there would be an experience that I may one day appreciate so I'm not completely against living there. It really is like the favelas though.
Park Village and Stanmer I stayed the hell away from, Park village is like a less social eastslope from what I've heard and stanmer court is basically off-campus, like right next to Brighton accommodation.

Yeah I actually haven't been to one open day or applicant day, everything I know about the uni is word of mouth from current students and spending a few nights there. xD And yeah LOL, I'm working on that B grade too.

my order is:

1.brighthelm
2.Lewes court 1
3. Park houses
(i might switch mine around too but im not sure)
wait a second!! doesnt this mean you havent confirmed your accomodation either!?!

yeah i went to see Park village during the open day and the showers looked horrible and the kitchen looks too small for me, i was considing east slope as my 2nd but then i heard that they do a lot of drugs there, they party everyday (id need some time to sit and study) and thats its not the most hygienic place to be... (plus the fact the rooms are really small, not good for a tall person like me XD im 5'11"). i was going to consider northfield but from the stuff i heard about it im not sure and the fact it cost a lot to stay there so im not going to touch any of the pricey places.

YOU GOT TO SPEND A FEW NIGHTS THERE!?!?! :O lucky~ and you're trying to get a grade B in Maths aswell? :biggrin: is it for A-Levels or GCSE?
Reply 13
my order is:

1.brighthelm
2.Lewes court 1
3. Park houses
(i might switch mine around too but im not sure)
wait a second!! doesnt this mean you havent confirmed your accomodation either!?!

yeah i went to see Park village during the open day and the showers looked horrible and the kitchen looks too small for me, i was considing east slope as my 2nd but then i heard that they do a lot of drugs there, they party everyday (id need some time to sit and study) and thats its not the most hygienic place to be... (plus the fact the rooms are really small, not good for a tall person like me XD im 5'11":wink:. i was going to consider northfield but from the stuff i heard about it im not sure and the fact it cost a lot to stay there so im not going to touch any of the pricey places.

YOU GOT TO SPEND A FEW NIGHTS THERE!?!?! :O lucky~ and you're trying to get a grade B in Maths aswell? :biggrin: is it for A-Levels or GCSE?

Yeah I confirmed my accommodation, but I think you can still change it up to the deadline.

A-Level, should be in uni this September, im assuming the same for you?
And what Comp course are you doing btw?
Yeah I confirmed my accommodation, but I think you can still change it up to the deadline.

A-Level, should be in uni this September, im assuming the same for you?
And what Comp course are you doing btw?

you think!?! hmm i might confirm my one for now...

a-levels i wish!! XD the school didnt accept me to do A-levels so i went to college and all that sussex wants is for me to get a grade B in my Maths GCSE XD ( i got a C grade in maths) im so shocked that sussex accepted me but if you havent been reading from the first message i posted on this topic, i applied for a computer science and digital media and they offered me a foundation in computer science (most probably because of my low grade in my course) XD
Reply 15
you think!?! hmm i might confirm my one for now...

a-levels i wish!! XD the school didnt accept me to do A-levels so i went to college and all that sussex wants is for me to get a grade B in my Maths GCSE XD ( i got a C grade in maths) im so shocked that sussex accepted me but if you havent been reading from the first message i posted on this topic, i applied for a computer science and digital media and they offered me a foundation in computer science (most probably because of my low grade in my course) XD

oh damn, I envy that, a-level maths is soul destroying.
oh damn, I envy that, a-level maths is soul destroying.

my friend also did a-level maths, he said that its really hard but he was still able to do it and now he's in university (not sure what he's doing). at least you'd be able to get into the first year computer science course. im worried about not getting this B grade because that might mean they wouldnt accept me... ;-;

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending