The Student Room Group

Othello a level help

can someone help me with Othello, either good websites, tips, analysis help etc thank you
Reply 1
There is a good revision guide on Amazon for £6 with York Notes analysis of the play and key themes, quotes and analysis! If you have prime you can get it by tomorrow and look through it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Alisha07
There is a good revision guide on Amazon for £6 with York Notes analysis of the play and key themes, quotes and analysis! If you have prime you can get it by tomorrow and look through it :smile:

i think i have that :smile: i have a cgp one thats good just need to read it more! thanks x
Original post by Rainbowcorn
can someone help me with Othello, either good websites, tips, analysis help etc thank you

Hi! I moved this to the English forum for you :smile: You can also check out TSR's resources on Othello here :parrot:
Reply 4
Is this English lit or lit/lang?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by PsychoD
Is this English lit or lit/lang?

Posted from TSR Mobile

english literature :smile:
Reply 6
english literature :smile:

I don't know if this will be of any use to you

http://eq-ot.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/othello

It's mainly for lit/lang but the Othello parts have good ideas from a different perspective . It's not mine though

I studied this play for coursework.

What do you need help with?
Reply 8
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
I studied this play for coursework.

What do you need help with?

just any major tips like good things to include, (to get my mark up) and important quotes etc just general good stuff if that makes sense? mostly just good analysis i can learn that will get me good marks
Original post by Alisha07

Shmoop is always a good site to use. it has key themes with key quotes and analysis of them 👍🏼 good luck because I'm not prepared at all! 😅
Reply 10
Original post by katherzz_46
Shmoop is always a good site to use. it has key themes with key quotes and analysis of them 👍🏼 good luck because I'm not prepared at all! 😅

thanks :smile: no im so not prepared and my teachers are rubbish we are yet to finish the course!
yeah just as long as you try to involve all the AOs in each paragraph
1 - engaging with argument in appropriate manner
2 - analysis of quotes with literary terms
3 - link to context of the time
4 - link to other books/texts
5 - argue another point of view
Original post by katherzz_46
yeah just as long as you try to involve all the AOs in each paragraph
1 - engaging with argument in appropriate manner
2 - analysis of quotes with literary terms
3 - link to context of the time
4 - link to other books/texts
5 - argue another point of view

What are the literary terms?!
Reply 13
thanks :smile: no im so not prepared and my teachers are rubbish we are yet to finish the course!

Lit charts is a great sight to use!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending