The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

London college of fashion - fashion journalism

Hey! Been struggling to find anyone who's also doing this course, whos been given an offer to study it??
Also what accommodation is everyone looking at for LCF / UAL :smile:
Original post by Ly12
Hey! Been struggling to find anyone who's also doing this course, whos been given an offer to study it??
Also what accommodation is everyone looking at for LCF / UAL :smile:

I'm doing fashion journalism! I've got a firmed offer as I applied last year but deferred and I cannot wait to finally go this year!

I'm thinking about putting Don Gratton as my first choice as it's near a tube station that's on the hammersmith and city line as shepherd's bush market and it isn't unaffordable like some of the others! Other than that I'll probably put down Sketch House, and either Manna Ash or Will Wyatt but honestly, I just really want Don Gratton.

How about you?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by JayneEmma
I'm doing fashion journalism! I've got a firmed offer as I applied last year but deferred and I cannot wait to finally go this year!

I'm thinking about putting Don Gratton as my first choice as it's near a tube station that's on the hammersmith and city line as shepherd's bush market and it isn't unaffordable like some of the others! Other than that I'll probably put down Sketch House, and either Manna Ash or Will Wyatt but honestly, I just really want Don Gratton.

How about you?

Hey, I also deffered. Don Gratton seems nice. But I also like Costume Store. I have looked at other student accomodation but the prices are crazy. I just have to hope that I find something :biggrin:
Original post by Simone.B
Hey, I also deffered. Don Gratton seems nice. But I also like Costume Store. I have looked at other student accomodation but the prices are crazy. I just have to hope that I find something :biggrin:

The Costume Store looks lovely in terms of rooms but it's in Zone 3 and so expensive due to the 51 week rent plus, you'd still have to get the tube to uni anyway even if it is the closest to LCF Lime Grove!

I think I'm definitely putting Don Gratton as my first choice, then 3 Sketch House rooms and either Manna Ash or Will Wyatt but honestly, I just really want Don Gratton. Even though the rooms look pretty basic, it's in a central area, really close to the tube and I've heard it's a good place to live and is really sociable, whereas I've heard that Sketch isn't sociable from someone I know who lives there now. I feel like I'm stressing about this more than I should be but I just really want my first choice!

Can't believe applications for accommodation open on Wednesday, it's seemed like ages away for awhile!
Reply 4
The Costume Store looks lovely in terms of rooms but it's in Zone 3 and so expensive due to the 51 week rent plus, you'd still have to get the tube to uni anyway even if it is the closest to LCF Lime Grove!

I think I'm definitely putting Don Gratton as my first choice, then 3 Sketch House rooms and either Manna Ash or Will Wyatt but honestly, I just really want Don Gratton. Even though the rooms look pretty basic, it's in a central area, really close to the tube and I've heard it's a good place to live and is really sociable, whereas I've heard that Sketch isn't sociable from someone I know who lives there now. I feel like I'm stressing about this more than I should be but I just really want my first choice!

Can't believe applications for accommodation open on Wednesday, it's seemed like ages away for awhile!

I think if you put Don Gratton as your first choice they will try to find a room. What do you think of Bernard Myers? I quite like it.
I think if you put Don Gratton as your first choice they will try to find a room. What do you think of Bernard Myers? I quite like it.

I hope so, I just hope if I do get it it's a nice room!

It's not one I've ever considered because of the location but it seems like a lovely hall, the rooms look a lot similar to bedrooms as opposed to the other halls.

Do you have your 5 choices yet?
Reply 6
I hope so, I just hope if I do get it it's a nice room!

It's not one I've ever considered because of the location but it seems like a lovely hall, the rooms look a lot similar to bedrooms as opposed to the other halls.

Do you have your 5 choices yet?

I don't, do you? I am still looking at halls that aren't UAL halls.
I don't, do you? I am still looking at halls that aren't UAL halls.

Yeah I think I do, still a bit unsure about my last choice but I'm really hoping it won't be an issue. Can't believe it opens tomorrow!
Reply 8
Yeah I think I do, still a bit unsure about my last choice but I'm really hoping it won't be an issue. Can't believe it opens tomorrow!

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Did you get room offer for Don Gratton like you wanted?
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Did you get room offer for Don Gratton like you wanted?

Aw don't worry! Yes I did thank you, did you?
Reply 10
Aw don't worry! Yes I did thank you, did you?

I did. Do you know anyone who is doing our course? I can't find anyone on these forums.
I did. Do you know anyone who is doing our course? I can't find anyone on these forums.

Yes, I'm in a group chat with a load of us on facebook, I could add you if you have one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending