The Student Room Group

English AS Level: Do you give your opinion?

Are we supposed to give our opinion in english essays? my teacher told me off for doing it in an essay and said it was subjective. However some of the questions basically are asking to give your opinion. All I'm aware is that i shouldn't state anything as a fact but I'm sure if you give your opinion thats what gets your higher marks as it makes your essay more unique? I have a tutor who completed disagrees with my college teacher and says i should. Need someone to let me know if its actually allowed or will you get penalised. Thank you
Reply 1
Which english is this?
Reply 2
Original post by ddwan1
Which english is this?

AS english literature, its reformed one so its a 2 year course. think its with OCR
Reply 3
Original post by rossella99
AS english literature, its reformed one so its a 2 year course. think its with OCR

Oh, I do Lang soz!
Reply 4
Your opinion should really be implicit in your argument. By not stating your opinion I assume your teacher means instead of saying "I think that", use "this shows that" or "its clear that". It'll just make your writing seem more sophisticated and formal.
yeah of course you have to give your opinion because it gives you A01 marks, which hold a lot of marks. I do the same course as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending