The Student Room Group

Russian for A-Level

Hello,
I am interested in taking Russian for A-Level, I am currently at my GCSEs and my school doesn't do Russian for GCSE as well as the sixth form for A-Level.

What can I do about that, would I have to find a college that has Russian? If so, are there any in London, specifically in North London or Hertfordshire that has it?

Also, my understanding of Russian (listening) is pretty good, although I need to work on writing and speaking.

Thank you.
Original post by Denka
Hello,
I am interested in taking Russian for A-Level, I am currently at my GCSEs and my school doesn't do Russian for GCSE as well as the sixth form for A-Level.

What can I do about that, would I have to find a college that has Russian? If so, are there any in London, specifically in North London or Hertfordshire that has it?

Also, my understanding of Russian (listening) is pretty good, although I need to work on writing and speaking.

Thank you.

Wait, there is such thing as A Level Russian?? :gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp:
Reply 2
Original post by george_c00per
Wait, there is such thing as A Level Russian?? :gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp:

Looks like there is, I saw an Edexcel past paper on it.
I also saw good London colleges providing courses on it, but they were independent and I don't really want to pay fees :P
Original post by Denka
Looks like there is, I saw an Edexcel past paper on it.
I also saw good London colleges providing courses on it, but they were independent and I don't really want to pay fees :P

If I was in your dilemma I would just go to the college that you're meant to go to, and wait it out until university and apply for Russian there. They usually teach Russian ab initio, however by the time you've spent 4 years learning it you'll be fluent. Changing colleges simply because of an A Level is probably not the greatest idea.
Reply 4
Alright thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending