The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Redcoats
What did you get for the following:

The question about the brain coordinated response and spinal cord response (why is there a difference in speed of coordination)

The one about interpreting the scatter diagram (what is the distribution of no stripe and and lightly coloured in woodland and grass)

Finally, the successive question about why the above distribution was present

I think you're on a different exam board to me! :biggrin:
Not nice at all
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
My exams went brilliantly. French was a piece of cake and Biology was really good as well. I'm scared though, I found it too easy. Idk if it was because I revised my balls off or because it was ACTUALLY easy and the grade boundaries are high.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You thought ' French was a piece of cake ' really ? :confused: Wait is this Edexcel :wink: ?
Listening was kinda hard -.- but at least my C.A is an A*
Reading was good :biggrin:
Original post by nisha.sri
You thought ' French was a piece of cake ' really ? :confused: Wait is this Edexcel :wink: ?

Well done most people in my school said french was hard and the listening was dreadful even people who speak french said it wasnt the best. However I hope u all pass ajd get good grades

Glad I did french gcse in year 9:biggrin:
Did my French exam today! Listening was really good but reading was a bit hard. Hopefully, my coursework will save me!:smile:
French was really good😊Now revising hard for my worst exam- ICT, but hey I really don't care that much about it (was forced to take and don't know the content) so will be moving on to some nice core 1 maths revision as I missed the 3 hour intervention session today (the maths exam with ICT so taking it straight after)
Fresh invertebrates but for the Environmental factor i wrote the wrong thing.I wrote the wider the invertebrate is the cleaner.
What did you put?

I put worms and for the environmental factor bit I wrote water pollution...I still can't figure out if that was right or not...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Redcoats
What did you get for the following:

The question about the brain coordinated response and spinal cord response (why is there a difference in speed of coordination)

The one about interpreting the scatter diagram (what is the distribution of no stripe and and lightly coloured in woodland and grass)

Finally, the successive question about why the above distribution was present

I put that it's cuz the brain uses the cns but the spinal cord uses the relay neurone for its reflexes...not sure if that's right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

OCR 21st. I found it quite alright. The listening was hard though. The reading was piss easy though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellamoon_22
Well done most people in my school said french was hard and the listening was dreadful even people who speak french said it wasnt the best. However I hope u all pass ajd get good grades

Glad I did french gcse in year 9:biggrin:

Listening was quite hard but reading made up for it because it was piss easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala*15
I put worms and for the environmental factor bit I wrote water pollution...I still can't figure out if that was right or not...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blood worms is correct, not just worms
Update 17/05/2016
Updating early. I couldn't do as much revision as I had a headache but still managed. :redface:So, as I have an ICT exam and RE exam tomorrow, I focused on them.

RE-
- Places and forms of workship
- Religion and the community

Looked at past papers and attempted most of them.

Did a little ICT, I hope its easy tommorow with fairly low grade boundaries.
- past paper- A* looked at weaknesses

Will wake up Earky so I can look at my notes for RE again and then skim over ICT.
17/05/16
Did my 1st exam today for B1 and French :smile: French was good and so was B1 although it had ethical questions and graph questions :colonhash:

- Looked over crude oil, Polymers
- 2015 C1 past paper
- OMAM past paper questions

Not much done :redface: but i will wake up early tomorrow and to a lot of work after school for C1
17/05/16
Did my 1st exam today for B1 and French :smile: French was good and so was B1 although it had ethical questions and graph questions :colonhash:

- Looked over crude oil, Polymers
- 2015 C1 past paper
- OMAM past paper questions

Not much done :redface: but i will wake up early tomorrow and to a lot of work after school for C1

That's great to hear it went well! I'm sure you have done well and will get a good grade! Well done today, remember, every little matters!:smile:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
My exams went brilliantly. French was a piece of cake and Biology was really good as well. I'm scared though, I found it too easy. Idk if it was because I revised my balls off or because it was ACTUALLY easy and the grade boundaries are high.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah so you found it good too? I found it pretty good considering I'm not a master of science at all...loads of people seem to have found it hard so hopefully we'll have some generous boundaries making our scores seem even better? Should have got an A* tbh - I'll be a bit shocked if I got less than 40 :smile: (for Biology btw)
Biology exam went well! Weird and not what I expected, but pretty good regardless! :biggrin:
Original post by sahra30013
That's great to hear it went well! I'm sure you have done well and will get a good grade! Well done today, remember, every little matters!:smile:

Aw your so sweet thank you :smile: Hopefully i can get the grades i want and revision pays off :biggrin:
Original post by sahra30013
Update 17/05/2016
Updating early. I couldn't do as much revision as I had a headache but still managed. :redface:So, as I have an ICT exam and RE exam tomorrow, I focused on them.

RE-
- Places and forms of workship
- Religion and the community

Looked at past papers and attempted most of them.

Did a little ICT, I hope its easy tommorow with fairly low grade boundaries.
- past paper- A* looked at weaknesses

Will wake up Earky so I can look at my notes for RE again and then skim over ICT.

Your so determined !! Well done :biggrin: I get headaches too especially when it rains
Original post by NiamhM1801
Ah so you found it good too? I found it pretty good considering I'm not a master of science at all...loads of people seem to have found it hard so hopefully we'll have some generous boundaries making our scores seem even better? Should have got an A* tbh - I'll be a bit shocked if I got less than 40 :smile: (for Biology btw)

Yeah. Everyone one was saying it was hard but I found it really easy. I will be expecting an A* God willing of course. I found French easy as well but people said it was hard. Idk. I guess I just revised so much. It was funny because after my exam I had history and whilst writing my answer for the 16 mark I started writing about vaccinations and then I gave it to my teacher to mark. Of course, I didn't get 16 marks 😂😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NiamhM1801
Biology exam went well! Weird and not what I expected, but pretty good regardless! :biggrin:

Very weird. Not like the past papers. Hopefully, we'll get our A*. Good luck with your other exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending