The Student Room Group

Help with english lit

It has now dawned upon me that the odds are stacking against me. My two exams are on the 23rd and 27th and im feeling like its becoming difficult to get a C (i do foundation). The thing is my English teacher is awful and hasn't given me any instruction on how to make an essay at all. I have only done one past question. My thinking is to do past questions on my topics but i have no idea where to start. Any one got any advice on how to do this. I have really hit a brick wall hear.
Reply 1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEp3SR3KaDzg8jSe12tGnCg
(go to playlists and you can pick which one is suited for your level and your schools exam board)

This youtube channel is very helpful for showing you how to structure and write essays - it's mainly aimed at students doing the higher paper, but it outlines the questions step by step and gives some good examples on how to analyse.

The videos are tailored towards GCSE EDEXCEL exam board but there's also GCSE English Language and Wjec English Literature - even if non of the above are the exam boards your school have chosen, they're still really useful for helping you prepare for essay writing in your exams.

Good Luck :smile:
Original post by Ri_davies
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEp3SR3KaDzg8jSe12tGnCg
(go to playlists and you can pick which one is suited for your level and your schools exam board)

This youtube channel is very helpful for showing you how to structure and write essays - it's mainly aimed at students doing the higher paper, but it outlines the questions step by step and gives some good examples on how to analyse.

The videos are tailored towards GCSE EDEXCEL exam board but there's also GCSE English Language and Wjec English Literature - even if non of the above are the exam boards your school have chosen, they're still really useful for helping you prepare for essay writing in your exams.

Good Luck :smile:

Thanks for that i will have a look at it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending