The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP1 Thread - 20th May, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hot&SpicyChicken
Was the answer to the first question root half which equals +/- root 2 over 2????

Yep :smile:

U are actually too much quality
Original post by taichingkan
FP2. How did you find it today?

Sorry I did not sit that exam!
Original post by economicss
Can anyone remember what they got for the recurrence relation one please, was the power k+1 in the end? Thanks :smile:

Yeah it comes out as k+1 ... if you got k+2 then you multiplied twice by 1/3 (first the 5, then the 1/3^k )
Original post by TeeEm
Sorry I did not sit that exam!

Oh okay, what's your next one then?
Original post by Yunique
This paper is gonna be worst! It wiII probably ask us to find
Unparseable latex formula:

(2-3x)^6^9

using pascal's triangle

Please, 69 is far to easy - they'll at least want it ^9873
Original post by rashid.mubasher
Yeah it comes out as k+1 ... if you got k+2 then you multiplied twice by 1/3 (first the 5, then the 1/3^k )

So K+1 is right and k+2 is wrong? Haha sorry struggling to remember the question! Thanks :smile:
Original post by taichingkan
Oh okay, what's your next one then?

g7.jpg
Original post by HarshaPeed
I thought apart from the last question the paper was straight forward. (Don't roast me plz)

nerd, get roasted
Original post by Krollo
Hopefully 75 for me, but I can see why people were annoyed.

I don't think the self-inverse is in the spec, and if it is it hadn't come up for years... it was just about reasonable to infer what it meant from the context, but I know a lot of good students who didn't.

Question 8a was more algebraically involved than is typical; ditto for the last two parts of question 9. Other than the last few questions I think the paper was generally reasonable though, and even on the harder questions there were gift marks to be had.

On the whole a step up from last year, but I fear not as big a step up as general consensus would suggest... similarly grade boundaries will probably go down a bit, but maybe not that much. An A in the high fifties is possible, but I wouldn't like to cast much judgment yet.

I'm A2 student as well, the paper is harder than last year but most of question was fine. But the self inverse which made me have no idea what to do which I just put that reflection at y=-x
Original post by Strom
Did you manage to do it? I couldn't :/

No, I think I got half way but i ended up with 1+p^2 on the bottom and I couldn't figure out where to go next :angry: But I did manage to do the other one luckily:smile: Did you get the second one?
Original post by jinalpatel
No, I think I got half way but i ended up with 1+p^2 on the bottom and I couldn't figure out where to go next :angry: But I did manage to do the other one luckily:smile: Did you get the second one?

Yeah me too I got close to the end but just couldn't do it :frown: Yeah I got the second one! It made me feel a lot better :biggrin:
Original post by NotNotBatman
Easy, however I did get the signs mixed up when using a common denominator at first; the recurrence relation one was very simple.

yeah I nearly made sign mistake with the -1
Original post by Sallekmo
Lol youre the only one who thinks its reasonable i think ot was twice as hard as last years.

ikr, i did all the past papers an rarely struggled got at least a B on all of them. whereas that was awful im not even sure i'll pass.
Q's 1-4 = full marks.
5 = i dont even know what happened.
6 = not good.
7= nearly got it but forgot to factorise "i" out.
8= may have got some marks.
9= dont even remeber what question that was.

oh well just need 100% on M1 D1 an D2 now and it will be fine...
Original post by mallows23
I thought it was relatively easy you clearly didn't revise definitely 75/75 for me

Wow your good
Looked at Arsey's MS and I got 69/75- Which should be an A *Fingers crossed*
Original post by starstuff
This paper was so easy, whats the fuss about?

It was harder than previous years
Original post by Econ/Chem/FMaths
Looked at Arsey's MS and I got 69/75- Which should be an A *Fingers crossed*

Ofc it will be an A.... Dont be silly ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending