The Student Room Group

What am I?

Yes, it does occur to me that the title seems to imply some sort of forum game.

Unfortunately, that's not what I want to ask. I'm biologically a guy, and I've been identifying as a guy for my whole life. However, it's occurred to me that I often have days where I honestly feel super feminine, when I wish people would call me a "she" and I could wear girls' clothing.

It's not a sexual thing (I'm not sat here like OOOH I CAN'T WAIT TO PUT ON A BRA WHOA THAT'S PRETTY HOT), but I'm not a transgender person and I have very little knowledge of the LGBT community other than all of the letters of that initialism. I've heard of a gender(?) called genderfluid (supposedly it's not something you can drink), and I'm wondering if this might be me? If so, what in the world should I do? I have a girlfriend, and I don't particularly want to talk to her about it (please don't try to convince me, I don't want to involve her in this because reasons).

If anonymous doesn't work then I'll hide in a cupboard for a couple days, and hope I don't get radiation sickness from the fallout.
sounds like some kind of gender fluid sort of thing.... do you ever feel masculine? you hang around with male friends?
It's normal for people to have days where they feel more masculine and days when they feel more feminine. However, since you're wishing you could wear female clothes and be referred to as a female some days that would suggest something else, like genderfluid perhaps (When you alternate between feeling male and female) or bigender (which I think is associating really well with both male and female characteristics). Do some googling and have a look, but ultimately you don't need to pick a label or choose a side, and it's perfectly okay to not be sure how you're feeling
Reply 3
Original post by splashywill
sounds like some kind of gender fluid sort of thing.... do you ever feel masculine? you hang around with male friends?

I haven't really thought about it, and I honestly am not sure if I have a concept of masculinity (aside from stereotypes like lifting and all that). Dunno if that makes sense at all.

I do have a few friends who are guys, but I have friends who are girls too (though I know most of the girls online, since I've always seen myself as "cis-gendered" so going up to girls in real life and being like ey friendo feels a tad odd).
Reply 4
The simple answer is you're you.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with being a guy and feeling feminine. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Masculinity is merely a behavioural attribute that is commonly associated with males. and the same is true for femininity and females.

But the important thing is common association doesn't mean exclusivity.

If one day you feel like being fabulous and girly and wearing women's clothing then that's absolutely great. You do you, because self-expression is great :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by markreed
The simple answer is you're you.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with being a guy and feeling feminine. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Masculinity is merely a behavioural attribute that is commonly associated with males. and the same is true for femininity and females.

But the important thing is common association doesn't mean exclusivity.

If one day you feel like being fabulous and girly and wearing women's clothing then that's absolutely great. You do you, because self-expression is great :h:

That's quite encouraging, thanks ^^
Is there some sort of "beginners guide to playing female"? I've never actually crossdressed (is that the right term?), and I don't know how I'd get the clothes or anything. I'd like to be able to go into public, but there seems to be so many complications. On the upside, I've been told I have a feminine face so I guess it's a start. My mind's a bit of a jumble at the moment with all of these revelations so I apologise if my questions seem a little sporadic. How would I get around the voice thing? Honestly right now the idea of being a girl seems absobloodylutely amazing.
Cross dresser? Some guys do dress in women clothes, like to be feminine and called "she". Some men do like to take a walk on the town dressed as women for some reason.

Is it weird? Heck yeah, but at least you're not confused on your gender. Whats your motivation for it though? Want to be someone else who is desirable or something? I did read an article about a guy whose g/f left him and he cross dressed after she left. Looking for attention? Just want to be delicate and pretty?

I guess you're a straight, male cross dresser? You can't be genderfluid since you're aware of your gender and just enjoy cross dressing. Also its impossible to change your biology (male) to another biology (female) through clothing.

Cross dressing =/= gender fluid.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
That's quite encouraging, thanks ^^
Is there some sort of "beginners guide to playing female"? I've never actually crossdressed (is that the right term?), and I don't know how I'd get the clothes or anything. I'd like to be able to go into public, but there seems to be so many complications. On the upside, I've been told I have a feminine face so I guess it's a start. My mind's a bit of a jumble at the moment with all of these revelations so I apologise if my questions seem a little sporadic. How would I get around the voice thing? Honestly right now the idea of being a girl seems absobloodylutely amazing.

Um, I dunno about a "beginners guide to playing female" haha. And yeah, cross-dressing is the right term. Honestly, only wear what you'd feel comfortable in at first. You don't wanna go all out right off the bat, because you'll probably feel really weird and self-conscious at first.

So yeah, I'd suggest you ease yourself into wearing feminine clothing and then progressively get more and more daring as your comfort zone expands.

As for your voice, I have no idea. Perhaps there are some vocal exercises you can do to "feminise" your voice at will? I'd look around on YouTube; there are bound to be some.
Reply 8
It's all good no matter what you are, all you need is yourself. Ignore what other people think.
Attack helicopter
Attack helicopter

lmfao

Um, I dunno about a "beginners guide to playing female" haha. And yeah, cross-dressing is the right term. Honestly, only wear what you'd feel comfortable in at first. You don't wanna go all out right off the bat, because you'll probably feel really weird and self-conscious at first.

So yeah, I'd suggest you ease yourself into wearing feminine clothing and then progressively get more and more daring as your comfort zone expands.

As for your voice, I have no idea. Perhaps there are some vocal exercises you can do to "feminise" your voice at will? I'd look around on YouTube; there are bound to be some.

I'l look into it, thanks a bunch
I'd rep you but I don't know how it works in terms of anonymity :/

Oh, and how would you suggest I start?
Reply 12
lmfao

I'l look into it, thanks a bunch
I'd rep you but I don't know how it works in terms of anonymity :/

Haha it's fine.

Glad I could help :h:
Reply 13
Oh, and how would you suggest I start?

To be honest I'm not completely sure. I don't crossdress myself so I wouldn't know where to start.

Wikihow most likely have some pretty detailed beginner's guides! I'd link them here but I dunno if linking other websites is okay or not.

But yeah, good luck and sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending