The Student Room Group

Are these good A level choices?

I have currently chosen politics,economics and history for A level. I love all these subjects and I am looking forward to doing them but am I missing another hard a level and will these options be attractive to universities or do I need something else.
Original post by vOUY
I have currently chosen politics,economics and history for A level. I love all these subjects and I am looking forward to doing them but am I missing another hard a level and will these options be attractive to universities or do I need something else.

Do you know what you want to study at university?

You are only required to do 3 A-levels, doing 4 could put you at a disadvantage if you don't do well in all four.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Do you know what you want to study at university?

You are only required to do 3 A-levels, doing 4 could put you at a disadvantage if you don't do well in all four.

I am considering politics but I am afraid there are very few jobs in that field. I am also considering a economics degree but I am afraid I will need a level maths.
Original post by vOUY

Those subjects are decent subjects.
If you have an idea of what you want to do at uni, then look at the courses on unis websites to see what (if any) subjects they specify at a-level.
Original post by vOUY
I am considering politics but I am afraid there are very few jobs in that field. I am also considering a economics degree but I am afraid I will need a level maths.

I would have a look at economics courses and see what A-levels they usually require

Quick Reply

Latest