The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

UPDATE 22/05/16:

I just can't revise for English Lit but i've tried and i hope Slim comes up tomorrow GOD BLESS I need to get a decent grade

1. OMAM wrote down 12 essay questions that might come up
2. P1 past paper
3. Maths paper - half
4. 2 Poems analysed
5. Watched videos on English Lit
6. Bullet points for all 12 essay questions
7. Memorised some quotations
8. Looked through everything for OMAM and Poetry

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Littleone2000
Watched and read of mice and men today, tried to read DNA but it was so damn boring I've resorted to reading past examiner's reports instead :smile: The thought that soon, I will never have to do English again is pulling me through!

Original post by ladybird29
I have AQA Religious Studies Unit 3: Religion and Morality as well as AQA English Lit Unit 1 tomorrow! Dreading both :/

Well done !! Good luck for tomorrow :biggrin:
This weekend has consisted of:
-rereading my of mice and men text guide and pretending it's revision
-making some really poor essay starters for Slim and Lennie
-eating my body weight in food
-playing catch with a stress ball (mainly launching it at my sisters head though :redface:)
-actually managing to get some decent notes down for restless earth (geography)
-quick glance at the physics spec before Tuesday
-praying
-awaiting the sweet release of death :laugh:

Ok bit melodramatic but I am nervous for English lit...not prepared in the slightest and it's by far one of my weakest subjects. Just praying we get a kind paper and I can scrape an A! :s-smilie:
AQA English literature of mice and men question- only talk about one or two characters, what the hell was that about?!
I offically love Edexcel!!
Napoleon, terror and power!!
Significance of Slim!!
I'm so happy! :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
may someone explain to me how you can tell if a substance is aqueous or solid? if you only have the symbol equations/word equations.

cheers, this came up in my test today and I was unable to answer it. was worth quite a large number of marks also.

any help will be greatly appreciated :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
may someone explain to me how you can tell if a substance is aqueous or solid? if you only have the symbol equations/word equations.

cheers, this came up in my test today and I was unable to answer it. was worth quite a large number of marks also.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In a symbol equation there should be state symbols next to each molecule in the equation, such as (s) or (g)
(s) - solid
(l) - liquid
(g) - gas
(aq) - aqueous (dissolved in water)

If they're not there then I have no idea :s-smilie:
Original post by NiamhM1801
In a symbol equation there should be state symbols next to each molecule in the equation, such as (s) or (g)
(s) - solid
(l) - liquid
(g) - gas
(aq) - aqueous (dissolved in water)

If they're not there then I have no idea :s-smilie:

thank-you, yes I understand that. however if the molecule hasn't got a state symbol then I am unsure of how to interpret what the state symbol would be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well firstly you have to look at the compound. In terms of reactants, unless it says it's in solution, most salts will be solids. Alkalis and Acids will be aqueous, and any covalent compounds will be in their room temperature state.

For products, it's more complicated. I suspect that you are at GCSE, so you don't need to know too much. Basically all salts will become aqueous.
thank-you, yes I understand that. however if the molecule hasn't got a state symbol then I am unsure of how to interpret what the state symbol would be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

which molecule?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then I'm afraid I don't know.
Can you remember what the question was?
I officially I'm annoyed with WJEC. I didn't understand the poems and apparently I was told it was about prostitution and homosexuality. Well, there goes my chance of getting an A. :redface:But the extract question was okay and the essay was good so hopefully, my examiner will be nice.

AVFTB and A Christmas Carol will have to save me!

Use of maths was so easy! This cheered me up! :h:
Original post by richpanda
Well firstly you have to look at the compound. In terms of reactants, unless it says it's in solution, most salts will be solids. Alkalis and Acids will be aqueous, and any covalent compounds will be in their room temperature state.

For products, it's more complicated. I suspect that you are at GCSE, so you don't need to know too much. Basically all salts will become aqueous.

Thank-you very much, this really helped :smile:

Luckily it was just an end of year ten test :smile: so have the time to practice applying this knowledge.
Original post by NiamhM1801
Then I'm afraid I don't know.
Can you remember what the question was?

Don't worry :smile: thank-you for your help though :smile:
Don't worry :smile: thank-you for your help though :smile:

what compound was it?
Original post by richpanda
what compound was it?

Can't remember exactly tbh. I remember that it was a precipitation reaction. Your method has helped though :smile: Luckily it was just an end of year ten test :smile: so have time to practice applying the knowledge in which you provided :smile: thank-you.
Original post by sahra30013
I officially I'm annoyed with WJEC. I didn't understand the poems and apparently I was told it was about prostitution and homosexuality. Well, there goes my chance of getting an A. :redface:But the extract question was okay and the essay was good so hopefully, my examiner will be nice.

AVFTB and A Christmas Carol will have to save me!

Use of maths was so easy! This cheered me up! :h:

Ikr i thought it was about a fish monger and a guy working with cars !!! Then again poetry is all about your own interpretation :smile:
Which essay did you do ? Did Lennie
Can't remember exactly tbh. I remember that it was a precipitation reaction. Your method has helped though :smile: Luckily it was just an end of year ten test :smile: so have time to practice applying the knowledge in which you provided :smile: thank-you.

precipitation means forming a solid in solution, so that should help.
English lit was really good i do DNA(play) and purple hibiscus (novel) the questions were so basic and for the novel they asked a question about the theme of religion which has already been asked/ i dis it for my mock and got A* so yay:biggrin:

Later today im going to do B1-3 past paper higher and also do some notes for english lit poetry on friday

But yhh exam season os going really good and is actually not stressful good luk everyone:h:
Original post by nisha.sri
Ikr i thought it was about a fish monger and a guy working with cars !!! Then again poetry is all about your own interpretation :smile:
Which essay did you do ? Did Lennie

I know! I did Anita and Me and it was the relationship between a person called Sam and Meena and how it highlights British society. Was okay- kinda lost track and had to move on.
Hopefully, we'll get the grades we want!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending